Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heaven's Gate V - 23rd-24th June

Slinky283

Jun 25, 2007
I had a GREAT time at HG. I was walking round with a huge grin on my face the whole weekend. Everyone was really friendly and no one let the weather spoil the action ;>

But I was wondering how you get insurance for an event like that when you don't have any medical staff on the site for half the tournament. I heard someone saying on saturday 'oh, the paramedics aren't coming until tommorow'...surely something a bit wrong there

:confused:

Also, although the marshalls did their best, I think a lot of inexperience showed and as we saw on the day (and in this thread) that causes much frustration for the players. Really basic things were missing from the way they reffed and unfortunatley, the basics are the most important.

edit: oh and as everyone else has been commenting on the facilities, i pissed in the bushes and went home friday, saturday, and sunday nights to a warm shower + soft bed ;) so no complaints

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I heard someone saying on saturday 'oh, the paramedics aren't coming until tommorow'...surely something a bit wrong there

:confused:
You may have overheard someone asking my squads players if we had our Paramedic with us, two of my team are trained as paramedics and have helped out at events in the past if an emergency occurs.

Dave was only playing Sunday and James is no longer licenced to hurt..... sorry help in emergency situations.

No events that I have been to have any sort of official medical cover on site, not even Millenium events to my knowledge.

Laters

:)

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
HG did the trick, and provided me with a buzz throughout the weekend.

every tournament has it's pro's and con's, so there really is no point in crying about it all.

the only things i would point out is:
- Reffs on numerous occasions being in-experienced and the sparseness of them at times was scary.
- downtime between games killed the "flow" in a couple of teams, was just too long.
- Showers, it goes without saying.

...last thing is some of the w*nkers thinking it was suitable to be shouting and screaming until 4am when it gets light at 5am, there was plenty of space where you could of bummed around elsewhere, but right next to the camping, where there were families including younger children was not acceptable...decency and respect for others was lacking, both on and off the field on some occasions.

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
Barbarians loved it. some draw backs...but from what i gather syd was fairly well screwed by bournemouth site wanting more money. lots more at the last minute.

I loved the event, as did the team. I didnt love people loosing the rag at the marshalls, Just no need folks...its a damn game.

The amount of effort put into that event by the set up crew was nothing short of superhuman. to move an event for several hundered people 19 days before hand, to get it running at any level...try it from their side. and the mud wasnt that bad, the atmosphere was fantastic, and that is what counts.

stelfe

London Nexus 2 #10
May 5, 2004
gillingham, kent
we had a good weekend at HG, finished 4th in the div1 on saturday, and 4th again on sunday.

few little thoughts...

downtime - yep would agree with the comments on this, sometimes the wait between games is just too long, was thinking would having am/pm sessions like the MS help solve this?

showers - hotel solved that problem :D

marshalling - was good, apart from some dodgy calls, definantly could have done with more marshals on the fields tho

just like to say thanks syd, the marshals and to all the teams we played.

deano
stealersAm

fkinpaintball

Platinum Member
This Quote has been edited just to highlight the related bits..​

The fifth annual Heaven's Gate event has moved home. The South's best domestic event of the season will be held at the NSPL Reading venue with all the extras and trimmings you have come to expect from the event over the last four years.

Due to the move, we are happy to announce a reduction in the price of entry. To enter a 7-Man team will now cost £450 whilst a 5-Man team will now cost £310. Camping will now be free and we promise decent toilets, showers and a bar/restaurant marquee.

Whilst we were reluctant to turn our backs on the historical home of this event in Bournemouth, negotiations with the original venue have come to halt and we are confident that the NSPL can deliver a Heaven's Gate equal to your expectations at our Reading venue.

Here are some of the event features you can look forward to...

- Male and Female Showers.
- Clean, Quality Toilets.
- Children's Entertainment (day-time only).
Above is the Original post on this thread

I had a great w/end balling & socializing.. But the fact is that this is a paying event not something that was put together via committee at a worker mens club. Everyone on here has valid comments on the w/end seeing it through there experience..

The biggest problem of this weekend

Lack of Communication to the paying public​

We Are All Punters (Customers)​

Tommy210

Phil Locke RIP
May 16, 2007
Windsor
www.relentless-paintball.com
I don't mean to pick on you personally by any means mate, but the 141 rule (as is pointed out after almost every event it seems) is not a penalty for playing on as such.

It is a measure to redress the inbalance in the game created by the marked player remaining in the game after he had been eliminated. As such, hit location is irrelevent, as the self check zone no longer affects this rule.

This basically means that if a marshall finds a hit on you that he didnt see occur, then you're going to get 141'd (if the marshall is doing things by the book; if anything I'd say that the refs were too leniant on the whole and issue should be taken with those who WEREN'T giving 141s for offences like that.)

:)

It was me who got 141. Issue was that I have called for paint check and marshal came check me and say play. As soon as I touched trigger another reff came and pulled me out and 141 me. I would be fine if the hit was not on the pod!!! Was the first reff blind ??
This prevented us to play Sunday finals. However we got over it, it happens and we will be back much stronger then before.
The event was great and I very much enjoy the playing. Thank to all we play a other people involved in HG.
Cheers

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Well i am one of those guys who really enjoyed this event, everyone was happy even though it was raining and teams were losing most were happy. But one word of warning, if you keep on moaning then Syd i'm sure will just pack up and leave doing events!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and as you know that Syd is the only guy running events in the south, so think what you are saying before type things on here as i'm sure syd and seen or heard what you have been saying. As always tourny players always find something to moan about!! lasl thing also is if you don't Marshall events yourself then don't moan about others ( i thought they did a good job, and yes a did moan once but Hay Ho ) and you guys.......try and run an event just to see how easy it is ;)