Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help For A Backy!

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Can anyone give me some help here! I am a back player, playing at the NPF Bassett's Pole most often. The sup'air ball there allows plays on the back obstacles each end to hit each other.

I am a back player and games end up with all of the team members on both teams staying at the back.

I have an impulse which i believe is a good all-rounder. How could i improve my back playing in the tall coke can obstacles playing back left?

The view from there allows you to see the entire field out the right hand side, but in order to see left tape, you need to look out the left hand side. There is a string of bunkers in a line down the left, i was thinking if i move low and slow down the left tape, i could get a better view, but i gotta watch their back left!

LOL.... any help for a back player in sup air ball, cheers :D :D :D

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
As for on field tips (from a back players view)

Stay tight, Dont give the opposition any excuse to hit you.

Practice shooting from both hands so again you can play tight from either side.

Talk. Tell your team everything you see and hear. Let them know what is going on. You (at the back) have the best view of the field.

Movement. I learnt this as part of a scratch team with some excellent players and I used to stick to one bunker and let the front guys do all the work. But if you can move as often as possible. Try to do it so the opposition aint seen it. They still thik you are back left Coke can but you have moved to the centre back coke can. They move you might see more of them than you could before and they are a bigger target.

Realise that a field does have blind spots. just cause you think you are open you may be hidden from view from all the others.

Don't worry about your left hand tape (as much) thats what the back right guy should be doing. You need to keep playing the whole field.

Don't get blinkered on one bunker or position. With an impulse (like me) you can hold it up and keep the paint going to one bunker but keep looking around. The paint is still going to the same place.

You have to give your front players confidence in moving about the field, Talk to them let them know when it is safe to go. You have to provide them with enough paint to not worry about what is going on.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
in theory you dont need to be looking down your left tape, the back right guy should be doing that...cross up and cover each others tapes as you can see more of the field that way.

talk to your forwards and to the other back guys...remember you are the eyes of the team back there...the front guys are eather moving about or tucked that close to a bunker they cant see dick

Alan Smith

***-for-life
Hi,

I am a natural centre back; part of my job is to be able to cover any spot on field. One of those positions would of course be back left.

From your post I'm not sure if you play for a team or "walk on" with a scratch team? The main issue for you seems to be not knowing if you should be shooting right across field, left down the tape or moving. This suggest to me the first thing you need to do is get the your guy's to set out a strategy or game plan. You need to have your fronts, mids and backs all playing their part in the 'Team' strategy. This will allow you to understand your role on any given field.

For example one of your front guy's may be aiming to get down to the left 50 so he can pop round shooting across field to make eliminations. With this in mind you may break out shooting to help him make his primary then you'll dash over to the corner. While some other players on your team are helping him to get over to the tape you may be shooting right across field to stop you opponents moving that side. Then when your tape guy needs your help you may switch left down the line to let him get to the 50 and then to rap round. As the team makes eliminations you should move up, look to ensure your team keeps two things height and width.

You see your job is a complex one your like a conductor, always relaying info and directing paint to achieve the teams goals.

As a team you need a depth in attack that’s why backs usually move up latter in a game. You are the stability in your teams line but this doesn't mean you shouldn't take on all the skills your front players or mids have so you can attack at the right time.

Good luck.

Alan..................

ChrisWhiteSTEL

Mile High Club
Oct 21, 2002
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Played yesterday, heres the highlights.

I did as you guys said, but my players were taken down as we had the less experienced own gunners.

Every game of sup air ball i played, i ended up being the last player on the field, i didn't hide or nothin, just didn't get shot!

Is that good or bad, cos like i was in a load of 3 on 1's and 4 on 1's and i couldn't cope as i wasn't prepared.

I ended up being taken out as three or four guys comin at ya either side and i had no chance!

Any help on that? :D

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Chris the secret with the NPF field is to always get the top end i.e. the one closet to the base camp and get a person in each corner shooting across infield. then you want two front players to get up front and put paint across the field the same way. 1 guy in the middle stand up coke can and you should win every time :D you gotta have the guys watching the mugging lanes tho otherwise your screwed. Once yoiu get a few of the oppisistion out the front players need to move apart to the netting barricades or the witches hats.

From the other end you can usually get away with one player at the back and the others where they want. you gotta get two front players in the sub in the centre and they gotta know each one of them is there. then they just keep talking and taking em out.

hope that helps

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by ChrisWhiteSTEL

I ended up being taken out as three or four guys comin at ya either side and i had no chance!

Any help on that? :D
Pop out low and at random points of the bunker....nobody ever expects you to pop out really low.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
As a back guy chances are you will be the last one in. Like you say if you are all inexperienced then the front guys should be asking similar questions.

2+ on ones are always hard to do. Some times no mater how good yo uare you will be taken so don't take it too personally.

HOWEVER I have seen one guy lose his team in 30 seconds so it was 5 on 1 and he won the game. It was incredible to watch.

Its all about timing and knowing to look where to look and when to move.

Practice as a team you will start to work as a unit and you will stand more of a chance.