Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help re microsoft word 2000

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I have just had to do a complete reboot on my computer and most of my software is preloaded and now if I try to use word 2000 it asks me for a cd key.

I phoned pc world and they said sorry contact microsoft uk (no time)

But they did say if someone else had the same software there key would work on my computer.

So if anyone could help please e-mail the key. Paintballjudge@hotmail.com

Many thanks

Russell

PS if anyone helps me out - No pens next time !!!!;)

jonc

*** Slacker
Mar 24, 2002
London, UK
Visit site
Hmm...
Firstly I am going to assume you meant to say re-format, and not re-boot.

Well you should have a CD that says Word 2000 or Microsoft Office 2000. On the front or back of that should be a number, which when typed in should let you use the software (It will probably say "CD-Key").
If the software was bundled with the computer, then you should still have that CD (This is the only way you could get to the point you are talking about), which should have on it the CD-key.

As for using someone else's CD-Key, that's fishy, as you can imagine that microsoft doesn't like you doing that. I don't reccomend you do that.
If on doubt contact PC-World, as they should have provided you with the required infromation. PC-World is really bad for customer service, and I personally never consider buying a PC There (that's only my opinion). It's not Microsoft's problem (they may help you out if you plead)

jonc

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Hey, it doesn't matter whether you use someone elses key, i mean, what's mickeysoft gonna do!

Russ, i will get you a key tonight.

-Philip

jonc

*** Slacker
Mar 24, 2002
London, UK
Visit site
Microsoft has soo much money they could probably do pretty much anything they wanted!!

Anyway, so that this thread doen't get immediately deleted,

Paintball
Paintball
Paintball
Paintball
Paintball

I'm not saying that You shouldn't use someone else's key, just that PC-World should have given you one.
What I don't understand is:

You re-formatted your hard drive, wiping everything off it.
In order to get to the point that you describe, you would have to insert the CD, and try and install the software. If you have the CD you should also have the Key.

If you did actually just re-boot the machine (as in, push the reset button or power button or whatever) there shouldn't be a problem, if there is, it's down to PC-World (did I mention that they aren't that good).

jonc

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Not really, 'cos PC world hardly ever give out the disks, they usually install and sell the pc, and if they do, you getit in a small plastic wallet.

-Philip