Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP - taking reg off a dxs bottle and bringing onto plane

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Took my bottle to the guys from HPAC in Malaga on arrival, was told they would not be taking any responsibility for bottles or regs at the event ( and cannot blame them ), they also said they would not be checking ANY bottles for dates or knicks etc at the event.

HPAC were only responsible for the air supply up to the point of the fill rig.

Was told by HPAC that without a torque wrench ( that no tech stands on site had ) that it would be fine tightened up by hand as the pressure within the bottle would lock the threads.

Have discussed this with a few players who fly regularly to worldwide events who confirmed this was how they did it.

Was I happy about it, no not really. I was uber careful when fitting and removing bottle from asa at the event all weekend.

Have now had it torqued together again and it was just as tight by hand, but then I am an adult ( no comment ) so can apply a fair amount of pressure without causing problem.

Piper has stated the "remove the burst disk method which I would preffer but has it ever been examined by airline official Andy or have you just been lucky so far.

I know of an entire team who had their bottles confiscated by the airline travelling to the Centurio two weeks ago, and their bottles and regs were seperated ( except Lewis who still had 3000psi in his :rolleyes: ).

You tell me, how safe are any of us right now at events with players "self regulating" their air-systems and using them with no checks at a Millenium events, in todays climate no one is willing to assume responsibilty and admit liability for our well being.

Laters :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
guys you have to be responsible with your air systems when travelling and flying.
Think about the repercussions of a compressed air tank in a road accident, then multiply the effects when the same air system is in an airplane.

Flying with a tank full of compressed air in my eyes is criminal. :(

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
The legislation on vehicle hazard signs for carrying co2 or compressed air tanks only applies to those carried for a commercial purpose.
An amateur diver or paintballer can carry tanks without hazard signs. Shop keepers, dive instructors or paintball sites must display hazard signs on vehicle when carrying tanks (and must remove them when not carrying tanks)

http://www.bsac.org/uploads/documents/infosheetpdfs/t10.pdf

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I think the biggest problem is peoples lack of comprehension as to the possible consequences of an air bottle exploding or rupturing.

In fairness, it isn't something you want to be anywhere near, but most of the players simply do not realise how dangerous these things are. a tank holding 4500psi?? it is all just numbers, doesn't mean anything until you put it in some sort of perspective.

how about, that little tank attached to your marker is holding enough pressure to take the side wall out of your house??

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
For you it probably would.:)

I've seen a picture of a car that's been ripped apart by an exploding bottle.
why thanky you tom:D
wow a car ripped apart from a exploding tank, imagine what that would have done to a human with it tucked under their armpit:eek: