Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help

First Timer

Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
I am hoping that the Paintballer's on this board will be able to help me out. I am new to all this so please be gentle with me.

I am about to buy my first Tourney gun but I need some advice. I was thinking of getting either a Shocktec Cocker or a Shocktec Intimidator. But I have no idea if I should get one or are there better ones out there? I really like the Shocktec stuff cos it is so different and you don't see many of them this side of the pond. Of course the other question is where do I get one from in England. No one seems to stock them. Is there a reason for this?

Air system wise I was thinking of the Pure Engery but again am stuck at finding them in England again is there a reason for this. Have I picked the worst gun and air system or are there no dealers over here?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Try the shocktech bushmaster :D

Very nice bit of kit, looks good and i believe they come with ACE now, will run fine on Co2

low_v_reaper

Dec 5, 2002
UK - South East
www.velocity.b3.nu
I found that it can often work out cheaper to get ur marker shipped over from the US. Find a site thats got the marker u want for bout 1/3 of the price than in the Uk hehe, then email them asking if they ship internationally + how much it'll cost (usually depends on weight, so I'd suggest getting ur marker shipped over but get the rest of ur equipment in UK). Just my 2 cents ;) or is the saying "10 cents" :confused:

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
a couple of things..

have you ever played with either a cocker or intimidator?
if not, then dont spend any money until youve actually played with the marker (gun) on a field.

if you have, then dont worry, there isnt anything wrong with shocktek stuff, (not that ive heard of).

as to importing, never import an air system. Always buy a HSE tested bottle (just ask whoever your buying from if the bottle is hse, if they say no, then dont buy it, its a legal thing. DOT is not allowed)
before you spend all your money on a fancy new toy, have a look at the classifieds section on this forum, you can sometimes find some amazing markers for very little money, and use you spare cash to play!

helpful??

First Timer

Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
Not too sure on the bushmaster don't really see many of them so a bit scared (if that is the right word :) )

I imported my first gun and vowed never to do it again. Cost me a fortune in shipping and import duties, plus it needed fixing and I had to send it back as I got told that is not not warrantied over here. So off it went to the USA for repair. It was only something simple as well! Guess that was my stupid fault. SO I would rather get one here as I feel I have better service should it need fixing or something. But maybe I am wrong.

Dave

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
first timer
depends on if you want electro or mechanical,the timmy is lighter and quicker,the cocker has a flatter tragectery(spelling:eek: ) and is easyer to use at range.also are you a front or back player,the timmy is a front players marker,the cocker is good for back players:D
ps i had a shocktech cocker and it was great
low-v-reaper
bye the time youve paid duty+tax+shipping its about the same,also if it breaks you have to send it back to the states for warenty:(

First Timer

Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
Billy

I have played with a Cocker and have shot an Intimidator. I liked them both so that's why I am torn. I won't import them myself (see last post). I fully understand the DOT HSE thing. There seem's to be many a thread about this issue.

My main concern is finding the guns here in the UK. Is there anywhere that does them or am I going to have to contact them direct? Does anyone know wnaything about this make of gun? Do any good teams shoot them? I know Aftershock does.

Thanks for your help so far guys I have taken it all in

Dave

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Bushmasters rule. There isn't many around because of a number of reasons, but at half the price of timmys and angels, with the same firing mechanism(roughly) it makes it an excellant marker.

The newest Bm2k3 has antichop eye with unlimited ROF while the eye is on, when its off it can be anything up to 21 ish.

he physical properties are excellant, they look good, extremly light(probably the lightest on the market) and small. With an easy to reach rof.