Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hey Superfly, wana back this up?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Robbo
and now it's too late :rolleyes:
Too late for what? To use them for practice purposes in the future? If they are deemed a worthwhile practice partner on occasion does it really matter if y'all get along or not?
Granted, it's more pleasant to practice peeps you can get along with but personally I'd prefer a better team that my guys didn't like to inferior friends/acquaintances. Particularly leading into an event if I had any qualms about my guys' state of mind going in. If practice generates some attitude and things get a bit "chippy" that works for me. It tends to focus their competitive fire and tighten the bond. Just means it's my job to see it doesn't get out of control. Just a thought.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Too late for what? To use them for practice purposes in the future? If they are deemed a worthwhile practice partner on occasion does it really matter if y'all get along or not?
Granted, it's more pleasant to practice peeps you can get along with but personally I'd prefer a better team that my guys didn't like to inferior friends/acquaintances. Particularly leading into an event if I had any qualms about my guys' state of mind going in. If practice generates some attitude and things get a bit "chippy" that works for me. It tends to focus their competitive fire and tighten the bond. Just means it's my job to see it doesn't get out of control. Just a thought.

Too late to apologise Baca.
And here's what i think, I like training to be productive and not acrimonious and if teams or players think that training against each other is an opportuntiy for Monday morning bragging rights, it ain't.

I ain't wasting my time and my team's resources in that environment. I use trainign to try and teach my players and hone their skills and not worry about winning games, if they do win, then cool but as soon as you allow inter team practice sessions to descend into cheat-fests just to win games then you might just as well pack yer gear up and go home.
Training is about learning and not winning games.
I have said this many times before and it is something that is hugely imporatnt if you want training sessions between teams to be of value.
And things you euphemistically describe as 'chippy' tend to develop into acrimonious situations over here where things can turn a little ugly...not 'chippy' .. ugly !

And so, I don't want any part of that, I want my guys to concentrate on the NPPL and Millenium pro games they are going to be involved in and not have to worry about or consider immature and disrespectful behaviours.

The past few weeks have been beyond ****. There is so much fcuking futurebeefburger dropping going on it is unreal.

What is the point of all that? I don't see the purpose to trash talk so much!!!

All that have been down at DF7 the last few weeks should have seen the potential that is there to have some strong teams.

But NO ONE will survive as "Lone Wolf"!

Not aimed at you Robbo...was a general comment.

We have got hardly any teams that matter in the world...they few that do or trying to make it there make it more and more difficult due to shizzle like the recent events!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Bagpuss
But NO ONE will survive as "Lone Wolf"!

Not aimed at you Robbo...was a general comment.
No problem Oli but I will say this much, as a lone wolf, we [Nexus} had our best ever year, 2003.
For the most part, we trained on our own, drilled on our own, dog-balled against each other on our own.
We trained in-house and achieved the highest level of play an English team have ever achieved at the end of that year.

I personally don't need anybody else to make Nexus a success, I already have that template if needed.
The Russians also have proved that lone wolf training can be hugely beneficial .... just a thought!!

No doubt Nexus has been a top team and surely will remain on the top.

But what about being part of the UK scene? I can't believe or understand why it has to be the way it has been these past few years.

I am not British but I feel part of the UK paintball scene. Made many friends and most prop just as many enemies.

But when we go abroad it would be nice to see the "Brits" stick together!

Man...even on holidays that seems to be possible...fighting us Germans when we try to conquer the sun beds with our beach towels.

Nothing in this world is so bad that people cannot talk about!

Luv,

Oli

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Bagpuss
But what about being part of the UK scene? I can't believe or understand why it has to be the way it has been these past few years.

Oli

....because of the very reason why this thread erupted in the first place....:rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Equinox
you gotta love smack talk :D

personally, some of the people over at PBnation take it all too seriously..
Equinox, I think your implied point is correct in that perhaps this could look like some people being over-sensitive here and maybe over-reacting, I can certainly see how it may well look that way.

For the most part, this would hold true but in this particular case, this incident comes at a time when most teams at the top are just enjoying a honeymoon period.
Pre Campaign Cup 2005, the top 3 teams in this country, Tigers, Nexus and Shockwave, all of us, pretty much hated each other's guts.

There would be continual flashpoints either on the field, bad mouthing off the field and all out wars on these boards. It was an unwholesome state of affairs and set an extremely bad example to all those in the UK scene and I'm sure had trickle down effects thru our tourney ranks.
To be honest, I don't think any of us involved at that time enjoyed what was going on; it just seemed as tho we couldn't get away from it and I suppose I must shoulder a lot of the blame for that cr@p because I took too many things to heart and was extremely protective of my team, Nexus.

It took a special circumstance to overturn all the bad feelings that had built up, and Pete Martin of the Tigers took an unbelievably brave step along with the rest of his team and with one gesture, the bad feeling vanished between us.
From that day, high end UK Paintball changed and the ripple on effects spilled over to Shockwave and so, apart from a few minor league team rumblings, it’s pretty much sorted ….. but even tho it was going ok, the peace was fragile, not because any of the parties were insincere but because a lot of cr@p had happened in the past and it would take time to forget but……..the process was continuing and everybody was enjoying the more ‘comfortable’ era.
And thus the scene was set for a flashpoint … and thus somebody lit the fuse.

This won’t affect our pro teams but it provides a timely reminder that we have to work quite hard to keep the peace and nothing comes easy.