Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi all.. New to this Forum - just wanna say Hi

rush

Hooch is CRRAAAAZZZYYY!
Apr 17, 2009
Harrow London
if u got a paintball shop near to u that stocks markers then they usually let you dry fire them a little bit, enough to give you a feel for it. no harm in asking :D

i wouldn't go for a tipp though tbh, the only reason you would get one is for the customisable parts or maybe the flatline (tbh not the bang for your buck imo) :S they are harsh on paint and heavy. you can get a good tourney marker for the same price which is light, fires like a dream with little breaks and accurate as hell.
have a look in the classifieds in this forum mate and check out paintballtechpb on youtube, the guy who does those vids is a ledge and really knows his stuff.

unistu

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2008
newcastle
again as said before matey you will to give us the sort of price range you are willing to pay for a marker and other gear so post it up bud and we will b able to either get you the best for the money or even save you a few pennys and still get a decent gat for ya :)

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
Hi guys...n gals... are there any lasses in this sport?..
i think my otherhalf is only happy at me looking to get into it..knowing that there is no chicks..damn damn damn,..lol.

ok.. my price range is around £500 tops, for the marker.. and then i will sell my right arm for afford the other bits..such as decent hopper... bottles and such like lol..
i really liked the A5 tippy..as it is only £130..and everyone was saying its a very good beginners splatter gun.. with mods to do to it.. if wanted..
i am kinda lost as to what to go for..Now.
i think i will go for the stealth tippy.. ( second hand ) and have it for a few months..and then get something else... and then keep the tippy..as a second fungun.. and let my bro use it lol.. when he wants to come out to play.. would this be a good idea guys?... as the bottles are interchangeable..aint they??? and the hoppers are.. so it means in a few months.. i will then know what i really Really REALLY wanna go for... and then also have a decent second splatgun!
i am learning about the bottles too.. reading about which to go for..
questions to you all here..
can anyone tell me.. how many different types of connectors are there- re the air bottles.. and what should it be run on??... air.. gaz... prune gas???
any other advice you can telll me.. would be fab.. i.e. hoppers.. bottle makes, e trigs.. are they any good.. are they needed..?..
and so on..
cheers guys n gals

rush

Hooch is CRRAAAAZZZYYY!
Apr 17, 2009
Harrow London
lol unfortunately there are lots of chicks into paintballing (or atleast more than you'd expect ^^) and alot of them are FIERCE players lol

as for what to get first, my advice is to get a good loader first that will last you, you can stick it on a site marker and immediately you are a better player simply due to the fact that you can shoot paint alot quicker than the others. (lips sell halo b's for £78, and this will last you a LONG time http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/Loaders.html )

2nd in line is gas bottles. this depends on the site you go to, whether they supply air or Co2. Air is the better option but if your site doesn't supply it then theres no point in getting a marker that only runs on Air. do this research and then go from there. if your site supplies air then the pure energy 3000psi/48ci bottles are a good choice as its unlikely that you will be firing more than 700 balls in a game. (£70 from lips paintball supplies http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/Systems.html )

LAST OF ALL look for a marker, this again depends on the type of gas you will be using. Im going to assume you are running on air. the 09pmr (Proto Matrix Rail 09) is a good marker (not my personal preferance but it gets the job done). accurate marker that's light, takes a beating and performs well, one tip i can say is to make sure the barrel is screwed in tightly lol, my sister couldn't figure out why hers wasn't firing so i did the D.U.H test :p
(lips paintball supplies, £315 http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/PROTO_MATRIX_RAIL.html )

something i just saw http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120113 , the ego 7 is one of the best markers out there, selling for £320 second hand, will blitz the 09pmr

im just using lips paintball as an example for prices, if you have a mooch around im sure you could find some good deals or some second hand ones on this forum. also with the marker option, you need to make sure u test it before u buy it, to make sure you like it. theres nothing worse than buying a marker then hating it the moment you pick it up.

total for this setup from lips is £463

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
"its unlikely that you will be firing more than 700 balls in a game"...
hi Rush... i used more than 1000 in my first game.. and that was only in the morning..
but i hear you. cheers for the info..i will into it.. i haev found a Tippy A5.. to start with, i think i am going to go with it... and start there.. it is from a guy off here. who private messaged me yesterday.
it looks in fab condition.
i will check out the links in a mo.. from your message before

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
hello and welcome to the forum
nice to see you have your head screwed on about what to pick in the marker line ect.............................................................. have you thought about a set of goggles as yet :rolleyes:...............................you will need them :eek:
all the best...tincs :cool:

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
Welcome :)

If you ever want to try something new paintball wise and want to compete nationally, have a dig at a sup air field at the NSPL: http://www.nspl.co.uk

The NSPL is a fantastic site and Syd[NSPL] on this forum has a really good clean and professional set-up there.

Give him a buzz in about a weeks time if you want, im sure he'd be able to give you more information about the walk-on happening there. Express your intrest into getting into paintballing... whilst your at it you could ask to see if you could rent a electronic marker off him... If your lucky he might let you!

Tourneys are held at NSPL Reading which is on that website, if you ever feel like going up to that event im sure u'd get a feeling for where you want to direct your pb life :)

Woodsball or Sup 'air... both have their places for differant people just like petrol vs diesal cars :)

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
hey there.. yeah I am still looking for what to go for.. but.. i have to admit...:p i have found a Tippy A5.. heheee......:rolleyes:
and i will be getting hold of it next week sometime.
i feel at the end of the day... i will always need 2 markers.. maybe more.. loads of mates that wanna do PB, with me..... but none have the wonga.. nor do i for that matter lol.. :cool: but anywhos.. so i recon.. go for the one i want.. spec it how i want.. and go kick some butty... and have a giggle.. and in time, i will find the gun for me... and have the tippy A5 as a second back up.
i have a mask... only a VForce.. but it is perfect for me.. for now..and get a second one in the future..and again..have this one as a back up.
starting off on the cheap... and see whats out there..
and have some fun to start with.
cheers for the last posting..on here.. that looks very interesting.. i will look see in a bit.
cheers all...
i have been looking..and i think i like woodsball type games.. but as long as i have balls.. ( paintballs, that is ) and a sling shot.. lol.. i will be happy :rolleyes:
done the 9mm hand gun thing... for a couple of years i guess.. was in the top 20 of the uk national steel plate challenge....
done clay shooting...for years
archery...for years
air piffle.. lol..since a wee lad
soft air... still do heehe :p
and kitchen fitting lmao..not any more lol.
so this is the last thing i wanna do..before taking up Golf...:confused:
mmmmmmmm not yet.. i aint hangin up me boots, just yet.

ProFlexy

Apr 8, 2009
hi mate iam pretty new to the first thing you gotta do is do alot of research and not be 13 like me beceause iam not old enough to have one:mad: well my parents wont let me have one lol Go paintballign a few more times before you get a marcker beceause you could get into speed ball.

flex

JayH-StealthMan

Apr 17, 2009
DORSET... POOLE
Hey Flex

yeah sounds like good advice, from your folks... even if it aint fair.. the last thing you wanna do.. is get a splat gun that you want..aftr endless beggin and crying.. and so on.. to your parents.. to then say it aint what you need..and ask for a different one..
maybe going for a splatter gun..that will allow you to grow with your style of play.. and one that can be upgraded... customised and so on.. as you improve and become more aware of your needs.
is what to go for.. maybe...or go for a cheap gun.. get into the game.. and what kit you buy..you put on the new gun.. and the cheap one..an be sold.. whilst still having all the gear and the bottles.. kinda like.. upgrading your gun..but not your kit.

i dont know..as i am new to this.. myself, but this is the way i am doing it.. :eek:
but i want a second back up splattergun... so this tippyA5 will be the back up..

but i found my TippyA5, clyc feed,AR15 stock, flatty barrel, hopper, tacVest,mask,gloves,body armour, pots x 20
just gotta sort out.. Bottles..Air hose, and paint balls..
maybe this time next week.. it will all arrive and i can go have me some fun :rolleyes: