Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi all :)

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
Hello everyone,

first off I hope im not breaking any rules by making this thread if I am let me know :)

Ive been going to Mayhem paintball in Essex [10 mins from my house] for a few years now maybe 3/4 times a year. Would really like to get into the "walk on days" rather than just the usual play with everyone else whos just there for a day type thing and play more regularly with my own marker and set up.

Unfortunately none of my friends are as interested in getting more involved as myself so am wondering is anyone else here in the same position? or are there any groups on here that wouldn't mind an extra tag along to get a bit more involved?

Steve

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
looking to get into tournament, not really into the mili-sim type game but obviously once set up would play either. would like to go to the big event this year, but prob better off next year once ive found some other like minded people!

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
looking to get into tournament, not really into the mili-sim type game but obviously once set up would play either. would like to go to the big event this year, but prob better off next year once ive found some other like minded people!
Ah, that's where you're wrong!

The paintball community is for the most part incredibly friendly and welcoming towards new players. If you want to attend any big game event, or even just small walk-ons, then just buy yourself a ticket and go. If you're friendly with people then you'll get exactly the same treatment back, and especially if people know that you're a relatively new player they'll usually have no problem at all helping you out with the game itself or any questions you may have.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Exactly what southernp8nt said

On the field if you're on the other side you are scum, once you're shot, hanging around the safe zone you're best mates

Any flavour of uk paintball will find you instant mates for the day, and doing any of local walkon, a the scenario scene or the tournament circuits will find you a few mates

Tournament does require a team, however there are always spaces and probably a scratch team
Turn up to a tournament and you can watch and chat

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
:eek: thanks for all the encouraging replys! Ive managed to convince a friend to come down to warren wood for the day at the end of september, hopefully will have my own marker the end of this month so i can start getting More serious.

Regarding saying i was interested in tournament i think i got mixed up, i like the way the normal rental days are played out just wanted a litttle more tactical/team play aspects.

I think ill definatly do the big event next year (assuming it still exists of cource) but will book myself into some walk ons at mayhem and hopefully find someone friendly to help me set up my marker etc properly.

As an end note, this seems like a fantastically friendly forum, been reading threads and storys in my spare time and cant wait to get more involved

Reactions: Bolter

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If you just want something to move on from a normal rental or walkon then check out scenario and events
Most walkons are pretty much as per rental paintball using different zones of the site. They vary according to the local crowd, at some sites the walkons can pretty much run games as they wish. Play the type and length of games that those individuals like

Scenarios all vary, the basis is just that there is some form of theme. There tend to be an annual game for most, and are accross the country. Dedicating to scenario means planning a lot of travel

There is potentially a move towards more local run games, as a walkon style scenario. A local team or walkon group partner with their local site and run a game., people may come from the region or may travel the country
This doesn't have to be massive, just a good day out (or weekend etc)

Checkout the paintball calendar, this aims to track all styles of paintball going on in the uk and see what sounds good to you
http://www.paintballcalendar.co.uk

It may seem a bit scary to rock up to a big game, however you could find a more chilled game. A compact game, especially as run on normal site zones gets close up and the firefight kicks off
Go to a big game or a scenario on the same site and it is most likely to have the whole site active, in addition to some local players realising they don't know their local as well as they thought the gameplay spreads out. You still get key firefights but can also sneak off and find a smaller battle, flank main fights or go hunting other objectives