Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi i'm new here just want some answer on my purchase

hayden

Dec 27, 2013
Peterborough
Narkadox what do the drop forwards do and what should i replace them with?

Edit: Thanks tom didnt see your reply i will look for the dates and get back to you if i cant find them

P:s narkadox how did you tag me in a post ?

Last edited:

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
I never tagged you in a post dude. But it's done the same way as Twitter, just type @(Insert User Name Here).

As for replacing the Drop Forwards, any On/Off ASA will do, but there's two types. Direct Mount ASA's screw directly into the base of the trigger frame, this looks like the kind you have now, in that the Drop Forward attatches to the frame and it doesn't look like remove the ASA from the drop forward.

The second kind is a Rail Mounted ASA. These come with a small metal rail that you slide the ASA onto. An example is this from Planet Eclipse:

http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/air-co2/accessories/eclipse-oops-2-mini-rail-black.html

There's loads more by different companies though. Any will be fine so long as you get a rail to mount it on.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It looks as if you already have on/off ASAs - they have a part on the front that will screw in and out to open and close the pin valve on the bottles regulator
This makes it easier to unscrew the bottle when pressurised, and you can also 'turn off' then shoot the last air inside the gun guaranteeing that it cannot be accidentally fired

You ought to be able to just unbolt the drop forward from the gun and the ASA from the drop forward. Then bolt the ASA to the gun.
The macro lines on each are still long, if they had been cut down then you would need to replace them to put the ASA directly to the gun. You probably don't need new macro line, but if they have been heated and shaped, or have just naturally taken the shape over time then you would need to replace them

Have a try and see how they feel as they are before you go into too much effort in changing - or change over one and compare how they feel.

Are you sorted for goggles, pods & something to carry yet?
If not don't rush to buy them - you can still loan them from sites, and the same goes for an air cylinder if you have not had yours tested by the time you play.
Sites may provide those extras for free or for a basic fee or deposit such as £5 even at walkons - but it's wise to call and ask first

hayden

Dec 27, 2013
Peterborough
ok some pics of the rest of the gear i bought
gloves two paires

4 of these

masks

kit bag

and the carbon fiber tank has this date on it so is it dead?

Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You've got a seriously good starter set there!

Gloves - I'm personally not keen on that type with the plastic on the knuckles but they give good hand protection from impact when shot in the hand and any crawling on your knuckles etc

Pots/pods - that's a Dye lock lid
These are desirable and I've sometimes seen them selling secondhand at retail price
The 'ball dents' are a good feature allowing you to shake it when filling, the balls slip into the dents and make more space. Add more paint and get less rattle

Goggles - a jt Headshield, and I'm not sure about the one on the right
These will do fine until you've tried on others and decided if you want to buy something different

One of the jt family of bags - I wouldn't recommend buying one to a new player as they take a lot of your money for the fact they are for paintball. I would recommend a sports hold all or roller tool chest
But you're now sorted for the future as this has compartments etc for separating paintball gear

The date on the cylinder is fine (it is out of date and due a test) 2007/08 will be the born date of August 2007, there ought to be the final date somewhere as well for 2022
This is well worth putting in for a hydro test as it will have 8 1/2 years life left

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The main thing I have not seen in your gear is a pod pack
If you don't have one then shop around as the dye lock lids are a little fatter then standard pods so can be tight or even not fit some pod packs

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The main thing I have not seen in your gear is a pod pack
If you don't have one then shop around as the dye lock lids are a little fatter then standard pods so can be tight or even not fit some pod packs
could try to see if there is a 2nd hand Dye pack available, should fit their own packs i would have thought

hayden

Dec 27, 2013
Peterborough
Iv been looking at the for sale section for a few bits like knee pads but unable to post there yet. also i want to wait till i have been on a walkon to see what i feel i am missing