Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi p8ntballer, I'm Vimto, and I'm an addict...

Am I a Gun Whore?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I Friggin' love cake

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
So I thought that I need to seek some help from my fellow community members. It has been hard, for the past year or so I have been having serious problems... I have tried to recover, been to rehab but I keep relapsing. Lemme start the story from the beginning.

I joined paintball, excited and feeling awesome that I was doing something sporty (even though my growing beer belly disagrees). I found p8ntballer after looking for fun forums to join and it seemed the community was the biggest, most active, and most accepting compared to others I'd looked at. And it was then, during my first 4am browsing... I discovered the B/S/T section.

That's when thing went a bit like Jordan- tits up.

My slippery descent into marker madness was abruptly started on fleabay, of all places. Got a bunch of gear in a sale and recieved what I thought was the best marker EVEEEERRR- A Diablo AR-1. Oh my Lord! The thing was clunky, heavy, but who cares- it was MINE!!!

Shortly after playing my 3rd game of paintball, I decided to splash out on a better gun. I ended up with Billy Wings personal DM11 that had made it through numerous hands in the UK. I loved it. One of the smoothest markers I had ever shot, even to this day. I have a soft spot for Dye now, because of this marker.

I had it for about 2 months, and then I decided I wanted a change. Thus the cycle began to spin faster, and faster and faster...

I sold the DM11 and got a Geo2.1. Ran with that for some time actually, about 5 months. Then I got a Machine Vapor. Saw it, loved the pictures, friend sorted me one out. I got it, and absolutely hated it >.< Felt awful in my hands, hated the grips, the board was a pain in the ass to program, trigger felt gummy as hell, shot was very bucky and it just wasn't the gun for me. Highly disappointed, I immediately traded it off for the most expensive marker I have owned, and it was at this point I realised that once you start buying markers, figures over £300 which you first thought was an incredible amount of money, suddenly just became numbers to juggle.

Anyway, I stray... I swapped this Vapor for a Luxe! I loved it! Beautiful, simply stunning, faultless. And the anno- Oh My Lord. anyone who has seen the Luxe splashes in real life know that the pictures don't do it justice- I had picked up a blue/black fade disco splash. Turns out I was too scared to use it on the field, in case I scratched it! So, in the biggest mistake of my life, I sold it...

This brings us to the summer. A flurry of boredom, hoarding, and lust for markers swept over me, as suddenly, I searched for something that could fill the gap the Luxe made... Over that summer, I ended up buying and selling a London Nexus DM8, an x7 Phenom, an Axe, an LV1, a Geo3 (which even though I loved the 2.1, I didn't like the 3), a DAM an etha, and then, finally, I decided to buy a Luxe again. It just couldn't be replaced... So off I went, and got a second Luxe 2.0.

Now, that should be the end of my little story, right? WRONG.

Turns out, once you start, you can't stop! :(

I bought a TipX, sold the Tipx, bought a Tiberius 8.1, sold the t8.1, Sold the DAM, regretted it, bought ANOTHER DAM, bought a p99 pistol, bought a Macdev Clone GTi, sold the GTi back to the guy I got it off, and now we end up in the present. My current lineup stands as such:

Luxe 2.0
Bob Long g6r
DAM
Luxe OLED

And I feel happy. I've found markers that fit me well, that have triggers and weights I like, quality I like, shoot the way I like, markers that feel... RIGHT... in my hand. Many markers I have pictures of, as memories of what I have had. Some I sold so fast I didn't even think to take a picture! But you know what? It was worth it.
The journey, and the thousands of pounds spent and swapped and haggled, all were worth it, leading up to the point I am happy with my markers... But tell me now, oh p8ntballer community...

Am I a Gun Whore? :(

Comments welcome! :p

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
The answer my friend is No !! you`ve done what most have done in selecting one after another to find the ones you personally like to shoot, by the way, you didn`t say when you got your G6r, lovely guns ? have you tried the Victorys ? or the latest ones ( awesome )
I have at present now only x 9 gats , but up until January I had x 17 Gats, and I`m just a baby when it comes to numbers .
You have a nice collection there my friend.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Gun whore? No.. Indecisive.

Tony Porras at J4 has over 400 markers (complete) and lots more in bits.
Tim Firpo has almost as much...

They taking whoring to a new level. World class.. However, great story :) you'd love all the markers on display over here..