Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

...Hose & fittings question

Bone

Emulsified!
Heya! My problem is this:

I'm thinking of finally getting a reg for my E99 and have been looking at the Air America Vigilante as the main contender (any other suggestions welcome) eventually to go LP.

Now, all i want to know is what sorta fittings i am gonna need to plug it in as i know the connector is on the side at the top and i only have the stock steel-braided hose with straight connectors. I know im gonna need a 90deg elbow, but can i get the hose n fittings seperately and do it myself of do i need to get the hose&fittings done to the correct length by someone?

cheers!

ukace

Feb 9, 2002
uxbridge
Visit site
reg

air america is a good choice, as for fitting it your self get the elbows you need and some plumbers tape, do a test fit and see if your braided line fits ,if not order one to the nearest size. hope this helps.:)

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Just a thought, DO NOT use plumbers tape...it works but get a piece of it inside your nice shiney vigilante....trouble, same would apply to any regulator, PTFE tape should be put in a museum of paintball items from the past. Use thread lock (the type that says on the side that you can remove with hand tools) Blue or loctite 342 ?? I know the numbers something close to that but then you only get the type with the number on when you buy a big bottle.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
also much neater than braded hose is the sprint hosing that can be cut to lenght and push fits, is about £15 from planet for 3 foot of hose and 3 fittings (2 90degree and one straight)....is dead easy to fit

Bone

Emulsified!
...whoa. Stopped me just in time, was about to go and invest in some PTFE. I know the thread-lock stuff you mean....might even have some hanging around. The new sprint hose sounds like just what i'm after......never really liked the fact that you couldn't really cut braided hose to length.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated!