Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do you get motivated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
In training the thing that gets me motivated the most is loosing. Sounds weird but the first time I get shot or shot out whatver I get really annoyed and it makes me really want to win. Loosing is the worst feeling and makes you more determined and motivated to win! :)
You sound like my freind which has the extreme version, when we play halo by the end his nose is one inch of the screen acting like he needs he fix ..... a win:p

Anyway on topic, Just the fact i am playing paintball is enough motivation for me ( I don't get to play that much :( )

whiterecyclables94

Jul 19, 2007
chant

umm whenever i go i always go wit friends and usually me and my friend do a chant...kinda

me: r u ready for this?

him: im ready for this

me: R U READY FOR THIS!?!?!?!?

him: IM READY FOR THIS!@!@!@!@

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just before the game starts a lot of teams huddle and endeavor to wind themselves up. The reason for this, whether they know it or not, is to fool the mind into thinking you are just about to go into a situation that is dangerous and therefore secrete adrenaline.
Adrenaline is a hormone that increases the blood supply, and also glucose to your brain and muscles.
This of course optimises their performance and enables you to get out to your primary bunker like a whippet with its nuts on fire.

The problem athletes have is maintaining that level of adrenaline secretion.
Now, obviously you can't have another huddle during the game to boost adrenaline levels when they start to dip, and so another option is needed.

You can do this by concentrating on winding yourself up, basically, you would be talking yourself up as you play.
Something like, 'I am gonna kill therm mofos when i get to them, I am gonna shove this barrel in their ugly face and blow their frikkin heads off bla, blah, blah' would tend to do the trick but this has a half-life I'm afraid and tends to tail off.

There is a fine line that needs to be negotiated in paintball between being aggressive and being positive.
Aggressive play in the definitive sense can mean a less controlled play because of the very nature of being aggressive.
I have to make a clear distinction here between being aggressive minded and aggressive play, they are not the same thing.

If you are aggressive minded, this is what will lead to mistakes being made, if you are aggressive on the field of play, this is a good thing because this type play opens up angles and pays huge dividends.
Aggressive play is the product of a positive way of thinking and not just an aggressive mood.

This is extremely important you guys understand this distinction.
If you need it exampled, go take a look at Ollie Lang, that kid ain't aggressive in terms of how he thinks (I have seen more aggressive koala bears) but watch him on the field of play, that guy rips teams apart with his bare hands.
And so, we can boost our adrenaline levels prior to the game start but we need to find another way of maintaining positive play during the game and this is achieved by concentration.

The vast majority of players will play a reactive game, that is, they will allow what's coming at them to dictate what they do and where they go.
Players like Ollie make their own way in the game and he can do this by continually concentrating throughout the game.

He imposes himself on the game rather than reacting to it.
Of course we have to take note at what's happening out there but we cannot allow it to dictate proceedings (for the most part).

Just so's I know you have the right handle on this I want you to think about the following, remember when you took your driving test, think of the concentration level you had as you navigated your way around.
Now think what your concentration level is like a year after you passed that test.

There is a huge difference and this disparity is created because you have gained experience and can pretty much auto-pilot as you drive.

Paintball is just like that, you can auto-pilot your way through a game of paintball or you can concentrate your way through and I'll let you guys guess which way pays the most dividends :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As I was reading that I could just see and hear you saying it Pete.
It was like being back on Nexus of old. The good Nexus with the good guys…
Hmmmm, I won't forget those times Ju, though I will add, not all were good in that 2003 squad, some of them turned rotten, one in particular.....

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Hmmm

Very simillar to what Robbo said but condensed. I just build up the Rage.

Now its not something that everyone has, everyone can get aggressive but rage is the aggression that allows you to step yourself up a gear mentally and physically.

Along with the painkillers I have to take to make my back function its actually quite funny to watch.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.