Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
see if you can answer this within one minute

Originally posted by jamie b (campaign)

So if they each put in a tenner, and got a pound back, they each payed £9

3 X £9 = £27, + £2 (tip) = £29

wheres the missing pound?
The logic doesn't work.

(Sorry to use the "$" sign, I don't have a pound key, unless the "#" counts...)

They paid $10 each, 3x$10=$30

The room was $25. Technically, This means that the room was $8.33 (to infinity). So, by the above logic, they scammed the hotel by a penny or they shafted the third guy for the room.

They got back $5. This does not change the fact they paid $10 each in the first place. They're still out $30 spent from before, regardless of change given. So now they have $5 change.

They split the $5 change, $1 each and $2 to the receptionist. All phisical bills accounted for, $25 for the room, $5 change, $30 money spent total.

Numbers don't lie, but skewed results do. Math can not be applied retroactively.

-Tyger the killjoy

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
Hmm...:confused:

"3 X £9 = £27, + £2 (tip) = £29" is what makes people confused... :p

It should be 3 x 9 = 27, including 2 (tip) :rolleyes:

25 (room) + 2 (tip) = 27 / 3 (persons) = 9 each person ;)

Pinky ;)

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
well done guys hehe
i didnt think ya had it in ya
lucky i didnt hit ya with
One day there was a dead guy on the desert with nothing else around. All he was carrying was a short straw in his hand and he was completely naked. Signs show that he fell to his death but not in agony and he didn't struggle
What Happened ?

Plane going down..... three men, two parachutes, drew straws, he lost.
:D

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Plane going down..... three men, two parachutes, drew straws, he lost. He was naked? then the other two were Michael Barrymore and Lady Di's butler. Either that or they played strip poker for the last parachute.

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
How about this

oh nooo we are running out of gas to keep our hot air balloon in the air...i know, lets get rid of all the excess weight, c'mon clothes too! Oh fecksocks that didn't work....ok i'm afraid we are gonna have to draw straws on this one....oh **** i knew i was gonna end up with the short straw...well i guess this is it, farewell so long aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh...........ow that hurt!

what do i win?

:D

so what gets wetter the more it dries?