Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How the hell do you get an e-orracle up and running?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
OK, so it looks like I'm going to be running an e-orracle for the next event I go to.

I haven't got a clue how to use/maintain the thing. There are plenty of resources on the net to do with Autocockers but they are all to do with mechanical versions, not e-bladed ones.

I have some really basic questions and as the stock Worr manual is a joke, I was hoping you could give me a few quick pointers...

1. Ok, having got it out of the box, and screwed in the nice shiny silver reg I have noticed there is a hole in the bottom of the reg and no cover - is this normal? There looks to be space for an allen key...

2. There are also no supplied air 'elbows', I take it I just screw one in with some loctite and let it set and then connect hosing as normal (just checking!).

3. What pressure do I need to be sending to the marker from my AIR system? 400, 500, 600? I have no idea...

4. The manual says you can use 3 in 1 oil for lubrication and maintenance! Really? Seems to easy to be true...

Thanks in advance - Ben

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
No Probs

1. It is the Black Magic Reg I believe? They seem to be the std on the orracles. To answer your Q, yes there is a hole in the bottom with a socket head in it, just leave it as is, should be factory preset to what you want. This is your low pressure reg.

2. Yup, a 1/4" Sprint kit from Planet will do you just fine, they come with a teflon belt in the threads, and are swivel type, so no loctite 'really' required.

3. You AIR supply should be set to approx 800/850 psi, or CO2 will plug straight in.

4. I would not personally go anywhere near any cocker with 3 in 1, all the lube you will need is on the bolt, I use Venom Teflon Grease from Planet, should see you good. There are threads elsewhere on the dangers of using oil in air systems etc (pressure + oil = combustion) so you need to be careful there.

Orracle as with Planet are supposedly pretty good for pre-setting their markers so you can use them out of the crate, slap on your air, and go play outside ;)

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
No Probs

Originally posted by Silentbob
3. You AIR supply should be set to approx 800/850 psi, or CO2 will plug straight in.
You may want to set it lower than that if you can. My AIR into my EclipseBlade is running at 500 with my ergo reg bringing it down again to the 275ish it actually runs at. Set up by mr Jack himself.

You might want to get some paint, a chrony and the instructions on setting your reg. I think someone, (possibly Beaker), has posted detailed instructions on how to adjust your inline reg to best effect on this very site.

You know you won't sell it after this don't you mate:D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
and if you are still stick follow theses simple instructions

1) get in car (with marker)
2) drive to planet and go inside
3) smile at who ever is on the counter
4) repeat the following "has jack got 5 mins free to have a look at this for me?"
5) smile at jack
6) wait patiently
7) smile at jack
8) fire gun
9) smile LOTS at jack and everyone else in the building
10) never need to buy another marker again!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Mmmm, must be doing something wrong. Might take a trip to Planet after all!

I run the air in and it sounds like air is coming/filling from the 3-way? Not exactly a leak sound.... At first it seemed to be just blowing air down the barrel but when I dialled more pressure in (past 100psi) that stopped??

If I pull the trigger the marker fires, pauses an age (second or so) and then re-cocks?? It also jolts a fair bit as well with each fire - not sure if that is usual??

So....what am I doing wrong people?

Oh, and another thing, with the black magic reg screwed in enough (so that it doesn't come undone when handling the gun) the air elbow sticks right out the front - is there anyway to change this so that it sticks out the side instead?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Ben,

If it's leaking when going from 0psi to 100psi then that's pretty normal. It's just the valve closing as the hammer is probably resting on it. If you want to double check that, manually cock the gun before you start upping the pressure, you shouldn't get any leak.

Second bit about delay - I know squat about the eblade, probably an RTFM moment though :)

With the reg, just add an oring or 2 around the threads, then you tighten it up against that oring(s) until the hose inlet is where you want it.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
just thought - can you manually cock the gun as the solenoid releases the hammer directly doesn't it?

or does it not return to the "up" position unless the solenoid has been thrown?

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
HOHOHO

Press the top button until the display reads "eye off" and do it again, the eye is not detecting a ball, so it delays the cycle.

And yes RTM ;)

(Mine leaks down the barrel until I have cycled it, it must be something to do with the way the solenoid seats the valve.)