Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to get from Heathrow to Basildon?

agge

STOCKHOLM IGNITION
Apr 23, 2003
Stockholm
www.ignition.se
Im helping a friend to get to Basildon from Heathrow. He´s flying in at 20:00 thursday and have looked at taking the Heathrow express to Paddington, and then the National Rail to Basildon, but it includes a 7 minute walk in some suburb and he dont fancy that with a heavy bag in the middle of the night ;)

Can anyone please tell me the best way of getting there, rental car is not an option and taxi neither, last time Heathrow to gatwick was £160, like twice the airfare from sweden so i can just imagine the cost to Basildon ;)

Is anyone else travelling at that time?

thanks in advance

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Buy tickets online... I learned that the hard way this week travelling from Madchester to Nothingham...

17 pounds online, 29.30 on the train...

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
Im helping a friend to get to Basildon from Heathrow. He´s flying in at 20:00 thursday and have looked at taking the Heathrow express to Paddington, and then the National Rail to Basildon, but it includes a 7 minute walk in some suburb and he dont fancy that with a heavy bag in the middle of the night ;)

Can anyone please tell me the best way of getting there, rental car is not an option and taxi neither, last time Heathrow to gatwick was £160, like twice the airfare from sweden so i can just imagine the cost to Basildon ;)

Is anyone else travelling at that time?

thanks in advance
£160 Heathrow to Gatwick?!?!

1. Did the driver go via Scotland?!?!
2. There's a free transfer bus from Heathrow to Gatwick!!

Might be worth finding a group of people all landing at Heathrow at roughly the same time. That way they could split the cost of a taxi or defend each other while walking through dodgey London suburbs in the middle of the night! :p

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
£160 from Heathrow to Gatwick I could believe with some taxi drivers. Last time I took a taxi from Heathrow it cost me £90 to travel to Ash Vale near Aldershot. Thats about 15-20 miles. They claim extra if its outside of the M25. Heathrow is just inside the M25 by Junction 15 (I pass under the landing aircraft everyday,) but Gatwick is outside of the M25 just south of Junction 7 or 8 of the M25.

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
£160 from Heathrow to Gatwick I could believe with some taxi drivers. Last time I took a taxi from Heathrow it cost me £90 to travel to Ash Vale near Aldershot. Thats about 15-20 miles. They claim extra if its outside of the M25. Heathrow is just inside the M25 by Junction 15 (I pass under the landing aircraft everyday,) but Gatwick is outside of the M25 just south of Junction 7 or 8 of the M25.
I happen to drive to one or the other a couple of times a month - so I know where they are :p

Anyways - back on topic - I guess the trains would be your best bet, unless you can get a group of people to sort out a mini bus or something?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Trains & taxi (Heathrow Express to Paddington, tube to Tower Hill, 2 minute walk to Fenchurch St, train to Basildon, taxi from station to hotel/site) or hire car from Heathrow.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Heathrow Express is nice if you feel like spending the money, or you are in a hurry. MUCH cheaper is to get on the Underground, Piccadilly line to Earls Court, then change to District Line going east to Tower Hill for Fenchurch Street. But it's about 45 minutes on the Tube, instead of 15 minutes or something by Heathrow Express.