Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to improve a tippmann A5's acurisy

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi I was out playing with my A5 using a HPA system and my balls weren't shooting straight at all. I had a
barrel brake earlier and used a Squeegee to clean it out and didn't notice it that game it was only when I was trying to hit someones hopper about 25M from me I noticed and I'd like to know if theres any easy way to stop that happening again. Thanks for any advice

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Squeegie it on a break in game, (but try to be careful and not to just push the paint back into the breach) and fluffy it when out of the game

Depending on your squeegie type some have a button that releases the end of the squeegie leaving it loose as you push it in parralel with the barrel, then let go of the button and pull the paint out.
If you can then remove the barrel before using the squeegie

If the previous break was contaminating the paint being fired then that is the cause.
Otherwise consider other barrels or a barrel size kit, but that is an expense

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
was it at a local site... some i haver been to have crap paint, i have had 1 lot where every ball had at least 2 dimples on it & remember the A5 is very tough on paint so if it is cheap paint chances are it will break in the barrel

i had some Pure bronze when i 1st started paintball and got my A5. accuracy was worse that s**t and to every 10 shots, 4 broke in the barrel. now i use DXE midnight, recsports or better

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
breaks are a day ruined for me, it gets everywhere and i go OCD mad just to get the inside as clean and smooth as possible.

If you want to increase your accuracy yes the paint will have an influence on this but the best way to combat it is with bored barrel kits, such as the smart parts freak kit. This kit can change the insert of the barrel to match the size of the paint (as the paint swells in size due to atmosphere) so it can be snug or loose on the inside of your barrel. This can also have an effect on your velocity but ill get to that in abit.

So if you can have a bore size of the barrel to match the diameter of the paint on the day then you will shoot straighter, best way to compare is like a modern day gun or even tank barrel. These are bored and have cuts/lines on the inside to ensure the shell goes as straight and as far as it possibly can.

Now i mentioned this will also increase your velocity. It will when you insert the correct bore size that day as you want the ball snug in the barrel so as its struck by the bolt it is propelled through the barrel with minimal friction from the sides but at the same time not soo loose that it can move around and effectively bounce in the barrel so when it comes out it swirls in the air. Smart parts have a great video advertising their freak kits and if i had the money i would of invested in one, but at the time i opted for a carbon tank. Now i like the freak kit as its all in one, but there are others such as the dye boom stick so go to any paintball site and go into there barrel sections.

Reactions: NotScottyG