Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How to start playing again

dorneysam

Dec 3, 2014
dont know if many of you remember me.i was only young and still in school last time I played for about 4 years. I played for the firm for A while until stopping playing and not getting back into it. After 10 years out I'm now thinking about starting playing again. What is my best route on getting back into playing ball. I live in Manchester and am wanting to start playing supair/tournament. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Sam.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Hi, welcome back. I've also been out of the sport for a few years, and getting back into it I noticed how much the technology has changed. I suggest you get to a local walk on and talk to the players about their setups. Its going to be very different than what you remembered.

I used a few walkons to get back into the swing, kit shake downs etc. - next year my team are hoping to extend into the supair tourney scene, and possibly UWL. We recently completed a pump only day, and to be honest had so much fun its looking like we'll run some more next year.

There are a few teams completing try outs advertised on here and FB. You could check local ones out from that perspective.

One thing we all agreed was it has to be fun....

- 0li -

Jan 20, 2006
Southampton / S****horpe
Hello, and welcome back.

I'm in the same boat as you. I would recommend finding your local fields and contacting them about walk on days and if they have teams that train there. Contact a couple of teams, explain your situation, you might find yourself invited down to train as an extra body.

As the above poster has mentioned technology has changed a fair deal. Try and get some hands on experience with the new kit and see what feels right for you. You can get some great quality kit at superb prices second hand these days!

What has helped me a great deal is watching loads of youtube videos, it caught me back up to speed on calls, bunker names, playing strategies, and most of all the 'Race-to' style of play which was completely new to me upon my return.

Have fun