Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Howdy

Sporky

Sep 9, 2014
Hey all,

Thought it was finally time to stop being an anonymous lurker and actually sign up and thought this would be as good as anywhere to introduce myself.

Firstly a little about me and my playing history.
My names Martin, I am 22 from Hertfordshire. I drive fast and put people in handcuffs for work. I have played paint ball on and off since I was 12 but never either had the funds when I was younger or the time when I did finally have the funds. (not sure about anyone else but this seems to be the way my life goes)

Never really had much interest in playing tourney style paint ball and always preferred woods ball and the look of the big games/scenario's.

Kit wise I have my trusty set of Grillz which have seen a fair few outings but that is it. So this is where the questions start.

What are peoples opinions on the different markers out there? I do like the look of the x7 Phenom however the Etek has caught my eye.

Been trying to see where does walk-ons nearby and cant for the life of me find any dates, this is kinda important as due to my job I work weekends on a rolling shift pattern so pre-planning is required. Any places or people to get in contact with you could recommend?

I have wanted to go to a few of the big games but never know which one would be best to attend as my first big game, i suppose this will not be until 2015 now but would love reccomendations.

Sporky, out

shaunyo

Aug 20, 2014
Tamworth
Hi mate. The X7 Phenom and Etek are both great Markers and out of those 2 it's more a matter of what looks and feels more appealing, so do you want a semi realistic Marker or a Tourney style? Personally I now favour the Tourney style Markers as they are lighter and not as bulky. The X7 however has the ability to switch from electronic to mechanical which is great for if you your battery runs out or if anything goes wrong electronically, you can also switch from semi to full auto and maybe even 3 round burst on the fly, the Etek you have more Tournament style settings like ramping etc. Out of those 2 I would personally choose the Etek, it's a solid Marker for Woodsball/Scenario and can also use for Speedball if you fancied getting into that. You won't go wrong with either of the 2 though and both Markers are backed by great companies. Hope this helps and sorry for the long reply :)

Sporky

Sep 9, 2014
Shaunyo, cheers for the response. I doubt I would want to play Speedball in all honesty but thats some great feedback.

Blame Canada, thats some nice info, the 3 months in advance thing is also pretty handy.

I am Stevenage so smack bang in the middle.

Reactions: shaunyo

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
Shaunyo, cheers for the response. I doubt I would want to play Speedball in all honesty but thats some great feedback.

Blame Canada, thats some nice info, the 3 months in advance thing is also pretty handy.

I am Stevenage so smack bang in the middle.
Not far from me mate, were playing at warren wood end of the month. Not a walk on but he lets the odd people on with their own stuff if your with a group :) Also mayhem do a walkon every 3rd sunday.

Sporky

Sep 9, 2014
Awesome will have to look up those teams.

I am popping down to LiPS probably next week as it is only down the road and get some advice off the guys there, I hear good things about them.

Sporky

Sep 9, 2014
I Am not sure I wish to know where that code comes from but please do explain :)