Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I cant get a paintball gun

marl

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
My dad wont let me buy a paintgun because he says it is a gun and it can really hurt sum1 in my house. Well can u please explain safety locks and places to keep the gun where no1 can be "hurt" by it
thnks
Marl

Silverjay UK

Boss Hog
Feb 18, 2002
York, UK or Switzerland
Is he right?

Your Dad is right if the owner of the marker is irresponsible.

Some rules to live by:

Don't leave it gassed up
Don't leave paint in it
Put the trigger safety on (if there is one)
Don't run round the house playing with it

I have 2 young kids and my markers are always locked away, ungassed and separate from paintballs.

It is common sense really.

Question?

Marl,

How old are you mate? Its difficult to say how unfair your Dad is being. I guess that if you want to bring him round to the idea you'll need to haev a list of rules by which the marker is kept (try calling it a marker rather than a gun...). After all its possible to keep a hand-gun in the house without ever hurting anyone (obviously I'm thinking of the sports variety which is never intended for use in "hurting" people) if you are sensible.

I suggest that the rules as detailed by Silverjay would be a good start.

Good luck

Richard

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
1) Follow Siver Jays rules.
2) Keep it away from "harm" eg put it in a cupboard.
3) Get your dad to lock it away until you wanna train
4)Markers are safe if you are safe.
5) Don't be stupid about it.
6) My parents hate "guns" and despite all the pi$$ taking I get about wanting to be "rambo" they understand I am sensible and do it all in safe places and not just any where.

mynamesdave

Hippopotamus
Feb 16, 2002
Bucks, England
Visit site
haha i had exactly the same problem- took me 3 months to convince my dad. Have you tried Bargaining? Thats what i did, my dad was up-tight about it being a "gun" as well. So what do ya do?
1) you'll never use it in the house(if you did you'd b stupid any way)

2)Put it some where safe, i have mine in a metal box lined with foam. Ever herd the frase "outta sight, outta mind"?

3)And if those and what the other guys av suggested doesnt work- there's always bribary. Lol

Gd luck m8

daz

paintballmaniak

Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
Thats exactly what my parents said to me when i asked, and it took me 3 months to break them down and let me get one. They are very safe if you are not reckless and if you use the safty so you don't accidentally shoot someone. tell your parents that you will wear safty equipement when ever you use ur gun, and just keep trying, and eventually you will get your gun. :)

paintballmaniak

Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
o ya try and write a contract of things you will do

ex: 1. i will wear my safty equipement at all times.
2. ect, ect, ect

thats how i got my gun. and say something like "and if i break one of these rules, my marker will be taken away four a week or two."

good luck:)