Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

i dont know

thementalman

Jun 20, 2012
hi i have played the sport before and was using tournament makers but then due to the cost of the sport (i didnt work) i had to stop but i am thinking about starting again and im not sure wether i should go back down the path of tournament again or go more down the woodsball path can anyone give me some idears ??

thanks tom

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
What did you like about the game?

You have so much choice of styles of paintball and don't have to stick to one

A 'speedball' gun will fit in to most styles, if you want fast paced competitive games then tournament is the obvious choice, but you can also play competition styles in the woods as well

You can play any style in the woods

thementalman

Jun 20, 2012
i do enjoy the speed of 'speedball' but i also like the style of the woodsball guns and feel more cofident with that side of the game but i also know they lack speed of the other style of gun so i dont know is there some sort 9in the middle maker witch is ok ??

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
'Gun look' or 'tactical'

The traditional mechanical so called 'woodland' paintball gun won't keep up with electronic guns.
With rate of fire there are people who can pull the trigger to match other people's assisted modes, but there is a balance between paint in the air and effectiveness. If there's a stream of paint covering an open area then it does not realy matter how close one paintball is to the next, and you will usually find a maximum ROF for events so the fastest gun becomes irrelevant.

However there are electro-pneumatics in the woods, such as the x7 phenom which changes the technology in the tippmann family
The angel ark put a 'speedball' gun into a 'woodsball' body
The eclipse etha brought the emc bodykit giving it a 'tactical' option, and people have modified emc bodies for other guns
The dye dam brings electronics etc, puts them into a gun style body, adds a switch between hopper and magazine feed and the ability to have the stock and front shrouds removed to make it more compact

The best advice is to go out and see what other people are using, ask to check them out or find your way to a paintball shop and get hands on for what feels good to you

Reactions: wiggles01