Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I think you all better read this !

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
As in Static getting Kingman sponsorship and as Kingman have laid their hat with NPPL then Static couldn't play PSP even if they wanted to?

And the BC AMG's are not as bad as I thought!

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Actually NO

Originally posted by Beaker
As in Static getting Kingman sponsorship and as Kingman have laid their hat with NPPL then Static couldn't play PSP even if they wanted to?

And the BC AMG's are not as bad as I thought!
Don't want to start any rumors that might irritate actual sponsors. Just a wee joke as I'm currently playing with a BC edition AMG classic for a review soon to appear in new WPG2 (I think)

And yes, the BC version gun shoots quite decently and mods don't seem as yet to be much more than detail differences from markers they sell to public--though that may change once I've yanked the bad boy apart.

Mark/Static

Originally posted by Beaker
Out of interest Mark, what do you make of the NPPL vs PSP vs Xball ideas?

Which one are Static likely to play or are more interested in?

(as I presume you're from the NPPL Static here - great season dude!),
Thanks!

It's too early to tell. Although Chuck Hensch and WDP have made the announcements, I know from the 2002 season that nothing it final until I'm actually flying to the host city of the respective event. The idea of night games appeals to me, I personally shoot really well at night ;)
Then there is the pending PSP announcement. I was intrigued by the mention of the possible am/semi-pro X-Ball league, but I don't see where your typical amateur team will come up with anything approaching the franchise fee, if there will be one. I'd be surprised if something like am/semi pro X-Ball happens, but another source of concern with the pro X-Ball situation has to do with the pie. With several companies reportedly forking over anywhere from 100-250 grand for their respective X-Ball teams, will there be enough support left over for the amateur and novice teams to benefit from?
We have 2 teams with a quantity of players based on the 10-man format right now, and as most members of teams know, making everyone happy in this respect is hard at best, add a 7-man format and that should compound the issue even more.
Being from Florida we enjoy weather conditions which allow us to practice year-round, unfortunately we don't know which format to practice for, as the PSP still has to definitively state what format they will utilize. Assuming it's 10-man, what if the established teams of our state are split down the middle on which series to attend? This cuts our scrimmaging pool in half, as half will always want to play 10-man, the other half will always want 7-man. Plus a team like Strange will want to play 5-man, and there goes a prime opportunity to gauge our overall progress.
At the very least it makes for a very interesting off season.

Mark

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Mark/Static
Being from Florida we enjoy weather conditions which allow us to practice year-round, unfortunately we don't know which format to practice for, as the PSP still has to definitively state what format they will utilize. Assuming it's 10-man, what if the established teams of our state are split down the middle on which series to attend? This cuts our scrimmaging pool in half, as half will always want to play 10-man, the other half will always want 7-man. Plus a team like Strange will want to play 5-man, and there goes a prime opportunity to gauge our overall progress.
At the very least it makes for a very interesting off season.

Mark
Now that's something I hadn't even thought about, good point mate.

It's probably because scrimmaging is widespread in the US but it hardly ever happens and even if it does it's rarely done properly and just ends up in a kickabout.

Hmmm....food for thought!

Mark/Static

Sorry Beak

Originally posted by Baca Loco
Mark can't answer that as a large company who will remain nameless but appears in another current thread hasn't told them yet. :D

PS--Hey Mark, can I come too first weekend in December? I'll bring my "official" BC AMG Spyder. it rocks!;)
Now, now! We are a totally free-minded group of players that base our decisions of where and how to play solely on the whims of our sponsors. :D As they know what's best for us!