The Home Of European Paintball

I think you all better read this !

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Well,

I really can't see the PSP moving to 7man as Jerry is beloved of the 5 & 10 set up they currently have. As for the Millennium moving to 10 then heck, that's a step.

So assuming they stay seperate formats for a moment then you're left with the PSP all-X vs top 10 X question. If they only have th etop then the Euro division makes sense and will participate on an even level. But to suggest PSP is all X and only 6/8/10 Euro sides can compete, that's a nonsense.

Ho hum........

R

raehl

Well....

NPPL's big problem is that it doesn't matter. The IDEA behind NPPL is a good one - it's the player's league, and it sanctions the events. If you didn't get sanctioned, then the players wouldn't play your tournaments.

The problem is that the players long ago stopped backing the league, leaving NPPL with nothing to bring to the table. If PSP doesn't get NPPL sanctioning - so what? NPPL failed to find anything of value it could offer to the players or the league. It's become little more than a name. It was pretty clear things were pretty much over back in March when people were asking "Who will the players follow, NPPL or PSP?" - if that question even had to be asked, NPPL had already ceased to fullfill the function it was supposed to.

Now, I think it would be very cool if Chuck ran a 7-man league next year, and if he wants to carry over the NPPL name for it, so be it - but unless Chuck plans on putting himself up for election or something, today's NPPL is pretty much another PSP, not the "old school" NPPL that represented the players.

- Chris