Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Idieas for a paintball site

valleyspaintball

Feb 6, 2003
Rhondda (s.wales)
Visit site
I am considering opening my own paintball site within South Wales and i would like to know what do all you guys expect from a paintball site and what kind of games/challenges you would want once you are there. What would be a reasonalble price for a half day and a full day?

Since there are no tournament sites around here, what would you expect from a paintball site that also do tournaments

ChiZZerS

if ya wanna make a rely good site you should..
give free entry
free paint
and free food
lol joking.

first u should make a supair arena aswell as woodland
because its verry popular and not manny paintball sites have em.
this will also influence more people to visit.

next...

make the entry as cheep as possible.. if the entry is too expensive
potental players will seek a chepper site.
it will also influence more people to play at your site.
well
nuff said

good luck

TROG_1

Somewhere near you?
Oct 18, 2002
Chester ish
Visit site
A cheap site entry is one thing to do, but you will need to bump up the price of the paint a bit to make any profit. Obvious that one, but to get some good amounts of paint flowing, invite some regular players at a discount on the paint, you will still make a profit and the punters will go through more trying to take the 'pro's' out.
A good mixture of games as well, remember this is a business, so sup'air is good, but will you make any money from it at the end of the day?
What you need to do is advertise loads, cos all the sites I know of are tickingover well enough, but not doing enough adverts, therefore people don't actually know their there.

valleyspaintball

Feb 6, 2003
Rhondda (s.wales)
Visit site
Fair play sephiroth it's nice to see that there are people that care about the sport and also supports people that try to help the sport even though they don't know me.

Do you happen to know who to contact about site insurance?

I am currently creating my business plan and not even the sports council for wales will support ideas for a new paintball site even though it is the fastest growing sport in Europe.

The best thing thats ever happened was to join this site and i only been on here for 5 days.

Looking forward for all you guys to help me.

Cheers you guys especially (sephiroth)

Valleyspaintball

TROG_1

Somewhere near you?
Oct 18, 2002
Chester ish
Visit site
You need to contact Bully at the UKPSF (United Kingdom Paintball Sports Federation). This guy knows most ins and outs of the business side plus a lot of contacts for new sites including site insurance.
I'm based up here in North Wales and my business (not paintball) struggled for a long time because the Welsh Assembly and other government bodies decided that the red tape that had to be worked before you got ANY money from a grant was so awkward and contradictory that it was easier not getting any money. You need to either self fund or bank loan it as I don't think you will get any cash from a grant. Now, I might be wrong, but that's my experience. Also that the only cash you will get from a grant is a percentage of what you have already spent.
How big is the site area? How many different games are you doing? Are you doing food included? What's your target audience? How well is the business sector in your area cos you could target them for "teambuilding".
Anyway, thats my morning rant:) http://www.ukpsf.com

valleyspaintball

Feb 6, 2003
Rhondda (s.wales)
Visit site
i know what you mean about the grants.

The business i want to create is a good one with the whole option of leagues from people in the area that are maybe just beginners at the whole game. You never know may produce some top class players. I would also make a tournament field after a couple of years getting used to the whole business and filling stuff. I would like to target any age group but the youngsters we would make the most profit from. As i only want to start off with half days food will be optional on the day but not included. Snacks would aslo be there on the day. I havent got a site at the moment i have to make it all from scratch. As i know paintball is the fastest growing sport in europe it is the chance for me to start now before finally it will deservingly get noticed and there will be lots of money to be made. I am also going to compare with local paintball sites so that i make origional games so that we will be different and offer a good value for money.

I know i could target them for team building but then there is a lot more to do with feedback and stuff like that.

Thanks TROG_1

Anyone else with more ideas and information for me?

Cheers

Valleyspaintball

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
is definatly a good idea to try and include a supair field of some sort on a site, this will encorage teams to use the site for training and where there are teams there are generally a number of people wanting to try paintball out....also a LOT of walk on players like to play supair too!