Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

If .50 calibre takes off....

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Problem with a .50 specific marker is there is no to increase the internal size of your gun, as opposed to a .68 being able to go down to a .50 as this drop in kit shows. Invest in a marker that does .50 cal and it fails? Bin your gat! :)
But if companies make drop in kits and people buy those (bare in mind it is their choice no one is forcing anyone to change) and 50 cal fails you just convert the gun back to 68 cal.

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington
if .50 meets everything it says it will im gonna get it. iv herd dye have a rotor kit already planet have this kit! getting paint shouldnt be hard order from shops its what we normaly do and if you run out take the kits out and use .68!

i was against it now im starting to think its a good thing!

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
But if companies make drop in kits and people buy those (bare in mind it is their choice no one is forcing anyone to change) and 50 cal fails you just convert the gun back to 68 cal.
That was my point Andy :) Am all for trying .50 cal myself. Would happily buy a drop in kit! Just would not be willing until I see if it is here to stay or not to invest in a gun that was specific to .50 (like the Impulse).

Am all for .50 if the propaganda lives up to the hype :) More paint in a pot, more in my hopper, better efficiency, whats not to like!

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
That was my point Andy :) Am all for trying .50 cal myself. Would happily buy a drop in kit! Just would not be willing until I see if it is here to stay or not to invest in a gun that was specific to .50 (like the Impulse).

Am all for .50 if the propaganda lives up to the hype :) More paint in a pot, more in my hopper, better efficiency, whats not to like!
OK it read like you were saying you would go buy the gun before the drop in kit........ All clear now.

I don't see the people involved spending all the time and money on the project not to make it work. For tournaments (and this is my opinion) I don't see it taking off right away. But for new fields starting up and exsisting fields that want to change their guns over, I see it making perfect sense to use 50 cal instead of 68 cal.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Pipes as you are the UK voice of .50 cal

Am I right in saying that the accuracy of the .50 cal partially comes from the fact that it is fired at a higher fps compared to .68 cal?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
for what it's worth (who am i after all...) i agree with andy.

i think 50 cal is going to come from the new fields, or fields replacing gear, upwards.

reason: more profit.

after all if the balls are significantly cheaper wholesale, then the field can continue to charge the same "cost per ball" as before. after all, the majority of fields serve the stag do, birthday party, office group, etc who play once in a blue moon and can expect to pay a premium price. they don't know the differnece between 50 and 68 cal. all they know is they point and shoot. and it makes no difference to them either - as long as the paint flies straight enough and doesn't bounce like buggery.

when/if it creeps into the hands of more serious players it'll be because it has shown it does what it says on the tin.

rec players, like myself, are likely to pick it up if it has that better accuracy at longer ranges it claims, as well as the fact that we can carry more shots in the same space and get more shots per fill. but it will need to prove itself before i go there.

tourney players. i guess the thought of less reloading or smaller hoppers is appealing. the reduction in cost for the volume of paint would be beneficial. but i can see it being harder to ref games with smaller paint marks....

we shall see. give it a chance and we might all be pleasantly surprised.

i am of course with several others on this. i don't want to go buy a whole new expensive shiny toy, just to find it doesn't take off. i like my markers that i have now. if a drop in kit comes along at a sensible price, then i may well give it a shot.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
you will have more balls to shoot, per hopper, per pot, per box, per £.

This is where it matters..................now, stop all the moaning.