Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

IMHO, Dynasty needs to switch to the NXL.

PaintballChannel

Mar 27, 2002
www.paintballchannel.com
Well, my post was originally part of another post, but it got moved...

Anyway, let's take a football team. Now, would the Commissioner of the NFL or AFL be able to own a football team? No. Why? Conflict of interest. Let's move on to baseball...Do you think that the Commissioner of MLB would be able to own a team? No. Why? Conflict of interest. THAT's what I was trying to get at in my first post. Chuck owns the NPPL and owned/owns/has ties to (whatever the case may be) Team Dynasty.

Additionally, as I originally stated in my post, what ever happened to penalties and fines? If a professional team cheats at an event 1) they dont get fined, and 2) they don't get penalized (yeah, there's the one-for-ones and two-for-ones, but the team as a whole doesnt get penalized).

And, Robbo, I dont have ties with anyone...I'm just looking at it from an outsiders POV and telling you what I see. I don't favor the NPPL or the PSP or the NXL. I think they ALL have problems and I also think that we've still got a long way to go as a sport. I've seen teams from the NPPL, PSP, and NXL cheat. Hell, I've even had one pro team tell me HOW they cheat.

D

duffistuta

Ah, so it was an answer to an existing thread about the Dynasty situation?

If so that's fair enough, it kind of reads like it's been put here by you, Bryan, to take a pop at a team who are doing the same thing as many, many other teams in many, many other leagues...

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Whew! This one's a stinker!

The notion of conflict of interest or even the appearance of conflict of interest in big time PB was brought to the fore once upon a time by the American editor of some PB magazine, if memory serves---but maybe that was less about principles than personalities.
And Duffy, your Bonebrake example works for me. Doesn't look good regardless of whatever the "truth" might be.
And to the rest of ya--try reading the man's post again and again and again--if that's what it takes to figure out what he's saying. It's got little to do with Dynasty per se. But if y'all feel the need to be Dynasty apologists--go for it.
What he's really on about is the new NPPL and the death of the old dream of a real player's league.

D

duffistuta

And Duffy, your Bonebrake example works for me. Doesn't look good regardless of whatever the "truth" might be.

>Absolutely agree -I have long had a thing about too many people wearing too many hats, I merely felt that it was a narrow posting on one specific, that could and should have included more examples to help make its point, rather than marginalise one and thus look like a further escalation in the Smacktalk fave that is 'NPPL Sucks PSP rools' and vice versa.

What he's really on about is the new NPPL and the death of the old dream of a real player's league.

>How long ago did that dream die? Cos it was long before Chuck came along IMHO...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Whew! This one's a stinker!

Originally posted by Baca Loco

And to the rest of ya--try reading the man's post again and again and again--if that's what it takes to figure out what he's saying. It's got little to do with Dynasty per se. But if y'all feel the need to be Dynasty apologists--go for it.

U r kiddin me right ?????????
I read it again and read the name 'Dyansty' 11 frikkin times and u say it's got little to do with them....per se.......

I ain't no Dynasty apologist, I am offended by that remark, I just read it like it was meant to read....

PaintballChannel

Mar 27, 2002
www.paintballchannel.com
Ya'll are reading my post wrong.

It has nothing to do with getting Dynasty out of the NPPL.

Please see my most recent previous post.

Baca, you're somewhat close. Yes, it would be nice to have a league for player by players, as it would also be nice to have a league that doesn't have a vested interest for those who 'own' the league. In reality, any league should be independent of those who have ties or interests within it.

Take the National Football League. The NFL started out as the American Professional Football Association in 1920 (changed its name to the NFL in 1922 - June 24th to be exact). The then APFA was made up of teams who were part of it. These teams elected a president and a Vice-President of the AFPA. That's how it has been running ever since. No one single person owned or owns the league. The league is owned by the teams who are part of the franchise. That's how football works, that's how baseball works, and that's how paintball should work if it truly wants to become a national sport.

PaintballChannel

Mar 27, 2002
www.paintballchannel.com
Robbo,

I only used Dynasty because:

1) Hendsch owns the NPPL league and has owned/has ties to (whatever the case may be) Dynasty.

2) Every time I hear about an NPPL game, I hear about Dynasty cheating.

Had Hendsch owned the Ton Ton's and had the Ton Ton's been notorious for cheating within the league, you'd see Ton Ton's 11 times. Had Hendsch owned Ground Zero and had Ground Zero been notorious for cheating within the league, you'd see Ground Zero 11 times.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by PaintballChannel
Ya'll are reading my post wrong.

It has nothing to do with getting Dynasty out of the NPPL.

Please see my most recent previous post.

Baca, you're somewhat close. Yes, it would be nice to have a league for player by players, as it would also be nice to have a league that doesn't have a vested interest for those who 'own' the league. In reality, any league should be independent of those who have ties or interests within it.

Take the National Football League. The NFL started out as the American Professional Football Association in 1920 (changed its name to the NFL in 1922 - June 24th to be exact). The then APFA was made up of teams who were part of it. These teams elected a president and a Vice-President of the AFPA. That's how it has been running ever since. No one single person owned or owns the league. The league is owned by the teams who are part of the franchise. That's how football works, that's how baseball works, and that's how paintball should work if it truly wants to become a national sport.
What do you take people for Bryan, fools ??????
No matter what way I read that initial post of yours, upside down, right to left and inside out, you are attacking Dynasty and Chuck and the refs.
Don't try and worm your way out if it now !
At least have the balls to back your post up rather than wuss out at the first opportunity even though it's nothing but a crock of sh!t.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Repeat after me, Conflict of Interest

Touchy today, aren't we? Geez, Pete, if you ain't a Dynasty apologist then it didn't apply to you.
My take was Bryan was using the "fresh example of the moment" that everyone interested is probably familiar with, and making a broader point. (If not, then I've given him too much credit.)
And while I'm sure he can manage to defend himself just fine if you and Duffy et al are gonna jump on him first thing odds of any sort'a discussion following is likely nil so I decided to help out.

Btw, I'm the one pulled the original post outta the It's done--2004 thread as it wasn't on point there at all but still potentially of some interest. Or so I thought. :rolleyes: :p :)