Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Impulse Bolt Prob

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
OK I got a voddoo Delrin Bolt in my old impy.

During the last M25 leg I had a few burst due to the balls swelling in the heat. I had to clean a few times but each time it felt harder to get the bolt in. It was always at the point where you can just start to see the bolt again (Look down on the impy and its where you would stick the pin in)

Any suggestions was it the heat has some metal be caught bent so it is cathcing?

Please help, what do i do?

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
:)

right, delrin bolts are known to soak up moistur, and therefore could have soaked up some paint. this is why your not supposed to oil them.

jusat leave the bolt somewhere warm for a few days (like an airing cupboard) and it should dry out

pgaglio

Used Car Salesman
May 2, 2003
Detroit/Motown, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Tom Tom
It was always at the point where you can just start to see the bolt again (Look down on the impy and its where you would stick the pin in)

Any suggestions was it the heat has some metal be caught bent so it is cathcing?
From what you describe, I wonder if perhaps you didn't install your pull pin in front of the hammer assembly instead of directly in the hammer slot. If you do that, the pin can hit the front of the slot on top of the Imp and cause the metal to mushroom downward. Of course, this impedes the free movement of the bolt.

If you can feel a little ridge of metal at the front of the bolt pin slot (inside of the tube), that is what happened. The way to fix that problem would be to gently and carefully sand or file away the excess metal. Caution is the word of the day though. You don't want to scratch the hell out of the inside of the tube in which your bolt rides.

Bush

destroy your idols!
Oct 5, 2002
messingham way
Visit site
this has happened to me a few times. what i do is. I put the pin in asfar as it will go in at the back of the bolt slot. Then move the pin forward about 5mm and then push in, if done correctly it will slot into place, u might have to move the pin back and forth a little to find the whole.

BUSH!

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Just to clarify for the last few posts, I am not having probs putting the pin in the bolt but the bolt in the marker,

When it gets to the section where you do put the pin in it seems to be sticking but I will try all the advice first (drying then fileing)

Thanks for your help and i anyone else has a suggestion please keep em coming

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Yes, we know that... but if you've put the pin in wrong on one or more occasions in the past, and fired it, then the pin hitting the front of the slot will have caused the forward part of the slot bend inward a little, thus obstructing the bolt from going in any further. :(