Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

invert mini leak help!

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
got to taking the poppet out..... theres no spring :confused:
Hmm, well there's your problem.

Or at least it certainly could be contributing to the leak. Does the back end of the poppet have a small recess that looks like something should be sat in there ?

Check your spares kit, one of the springs should fit in there. Not loosely either, it should hold itself in the poppet body.

mike "nemo" berry

Feb 5, 2013
well theres most certainly a hole in the back of the poppet, and theres a spring in my parts kit, and the spring fits snuggly into the hole
ive put the spring in and its still leaking :(

Last edited:

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Must say I'm out foxed on this one...

It must be something in that area. It could be under pressured, are you sure your reg is set at 190psi ?

matj

Mar 22, 2013
got to taking the poppet out..... theres no spring :confused:
Gen 1 mini's had no spring in the poppit. I believe it is gen 2 onwards that had this added.
If you have a gen1 mini then the poppit can cause some issues. See the thread here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=50676731&post=50676731

That thread covers all sorts of leaking issues. This way you should be able to determine which most closely relates to your issue and try and resolve the problem. Most importantly it has links for threads to determine what gen mini you have and therefore better understand the problem. If it is a gen 1 mini first port of call would be to upgrade the poppit to the gen3 version (as long as you have checked there are no parts missing, re lubed, taken part and reassembled etc etc to ensure its not something minor).

Thereafter a call to KEE for some professional advice may be the way to go :) .

mike "nemo" berry

Feb 5, 2013
thats where it seems to be sitting, after i screwed the poppet in, i put it in the mini aired it up and no leak, then backed it 1.5 turns as you said and then still no leaks, then shot it and the leak started

mike "nemo" berry

Feb 5, 2013
Gen 1 mini's had no spring in the poppit. I believe it is gen 2 onwards that had this added.
If you have a gen1 mini then the poppit can cause some issues. See the thread here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=50676731&post=50676731

That thread covers all sorts of leaking issues. This way you should be able to determine which most closely relates to your issue and try and resolve the problem. Most importantly it has links for threads to determine what gen mini you have and therefore better understand the problem. If it is a gen 1 mini first port of call would be to upgrade the poppit to the gen3 version (as long as you have checked there are no parts missing, re lubed, taken part and reassembled etc etc to ensure its not something minor).

Thereafter a call to KEE for some professional advice may be the way to go :) .
im guessing it must be the out of date poppit, its the only thing i can think of

matj

Mar 22, 2013
To me it sounds like the poppit isn't reseating correctly which I believe is why the spring was added :)

wait for confirmation of this though. There are more knowledgeable guru's than myself lurking in the depths of P8nt (y)

hopefully that thread will give you some ideas and help though

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Just out of interest, could you go into your board settings and check what your dwell is set to ?

Also, on your gauge there is a logo, what is it and what do the psi markings go up in stages of ?

mike "nemo" berry

Feb 5, 2013
oo dwell time to break out the manual, and the gauge has a mini logo and go's up to 300, going in 100,200 then 300 with smaller markings of 20psi, so it looks to go 100,120,140,160,180,200, also has 4 small bleed off holes on the bottom of the asa and the dwell, well the orange light flashes 28 times

Last edited:

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
When it's done flashing, press the power button twice. I think that will increase the dwell by 0.5ms...

Try airing up again and see if still leaks. If yes, I'd advise a new poppet body and go from there. If it still leaks after that, I'd be asking KEE to take a look at it for you.

Did you buy it new or second hand and if new, how recently ?