Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion or Proto Matrix Rail?

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
So work it out the ION will do 17 bps out the box the PMR will do 20 bps out the box
tbh that doesnt really make a diffrence as if your playing tourny its all capped at 15 anyway,All you really need to change on an ion is bottom line,feedneck and barrel and it will be just as good as most markers on the field shooting at you (even without those upgrades)these are the things that most people change after buying most markers anyway NOT just ions so you would be spending that extra cash anyway,just my opinion:)

reaper man

marshall law
Jan 15, 2007
wolverhampon
I know the bps doesnt make a difference but it was just an example in performance, smart arse. and i dont know many people who play regular who dont get all those upgrades and if you read my post it said these are things you can buy as and when so that would suggest that they are not paramount to performance. i said good things about both, i also own both so am speaking from experience

shiftizzle

"bonus balls are us"
Sep 18, 2006
hemel hempsteead oooo love it
in my opinion after looking and shooting both of these guns an upped ion would effectively be cheaper and CAN be better if as others have said you spend your money wisely! With a PMR all you really need is a new back cap and barrel trigger is personal preference so not a must have piece of kit! so with that said....
PMR £250
Back Cap £17-19
Barrel: £40
total: £300 ish

With the ion you will need one or 2 more upz but in my opinion the only one that are a must have is..... an oops,Qlok, Barrel, fire bolt. i dont see the need for a new board as a ion can ramp and have semi and it shoots more than fast enough!
ion: £150
oops: £25 (CP oops cheepest ive found)
Qlock: £20
Fire bolt: £28
Total: £263 (£37 cheeper than an PMR meaning one extra training or you could get a QEV and some pimped hybrid grips for around the 300 mark)

So it comes down to this.... if you wanna up your gun and have some fun whilst saving a bit of cash the ion is the way! (also it is more than proven not only in training but in major league tournys theres allways some one playing a CC or wateva with one!) Or if you wanna go for a nicer looking better put together model with some allready nice upz go for the PMR another adantage is out of the box it is lighter than the ion.

So once again its a personal preference choice i personnlly prefer the ion just because i own one for a long while and they grow on u :eek:

Good luck deciding!!

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
in my opinion after looking and shooting both of these guns an upped ion would effectively be cheaper and CAN be better if as others have said you spend your money wisely! With a PMR all you really need is a new back cap and barrel trigger is personal preference so not a must have piece of kit! so with that said....
PMR £250
Back Cap £17-19
total: £300 ish

With the ion you will need one or 2 more upz but in my opinion the only one that are a must have is..... an oops,Qlok, Barrel, fire bolt. i dont see the need for a new board as a ion can ramp and have semi and it shoots more than fast enough!
ion: £150
oops: £25 (CP oops cheepest ive found)
Qlock: £20
Fire bolt: £28
Total: £263 (£37 cheeper than an PMR meaning one extra training or you could get a QEV and some pimped hybrid grips for around the 300 mark)

So it comes down to this.... if you wanna up your gun and have some fun whilst saving a bit of cash the ion is the way! (also it is more than proven not only in training but in major league tournys theres allways some one playing a CC or wateva with one!) Or if you wanna go for a nicer looking better put together model with some allready nice upz go for the PMR another adantage is out of the box it is lighter than the ion.

So once again its a personal preference choice i personnlly prefer the ion just because i own one for a long while and they grow on u :eek:

Good luck deciding!!
+qev for ion
+trigger for the ion( as stock on sucks).

and a backcap isn't really nessercery for the pmr.

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
I know the bps doesnt make a difference but it was just an example in performance, smart arse
no need for the name calling just pointing out the FACTS!

if you wanna up your gun and have some fun whilst saving a bit of cash the ion is the way! (also it is more than proven not only in training but in major league tournys theres allways some one playing a CC or wateva with one!)
thats true,our first team are over in Toulouse with nothing but ions.

shiftizzle

"bonus balls are us"
Sep 18, 2006
hemel hempsteead oooo love it
+qev for ion
+trigger for the ion( as stock on sucks).

and a backcap isn't really nessercery for the pmr.
Qev: yeh i spose
Trigger: deffinately personal preference, i know loadza people who shoot ions with stock triggers.

PMR back cap no question its a deffo even the dye tech advised one, so its gotta be worth it