Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion Progress Thread - Pg2 T Board Help ???

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Ion Progress Thread

Hey guys,

I have been in the paintball scene for a little under 5 months now, I started off with a Viewlaoder Triad could not get on with it, so used it once & sold it. The money I got from that plus some extra I brought myself all new gear, including my Ion.

I know the Ion is not the best of guns but for me, as I am only starting out, its perfect! Brought it completely stock & in these few months, just upgraded it along the way.

Picture 1
Picture 2

As it stands:

SP Q-Lock Feed Neck
14" Progressive Barrel
Evolution 2 (with Z Board, also cut the neck down, to make the egg sit lower to the gun)
Kila Magnetic Ball Detents
Lucky Green Eyez
QEV 360
Modified Stock Bolt (Cheers Oily, works GREAT;) )
On/Off ASA Purge Rail
48cu 3000psi Air System

& the newest edition to the Ion, that I fitted today, T-Board with DYE Membrane Pad. Had a little play with it, loving it already, need to adjust the settings but am running out of air fast, thanks to the response trigger setting lol :D

T Board & DYE Membrane Pad

Next bit to get is a new trigger. Brought myself a CP Sling Roller Blade but I am not so keen on the feel to it, so just going to have a look around, see what else is on offer, anyone suggest one?

What do you guys think? I know must of you will say, why spend that much on an Ion, save your money & get an ego/DM range. Like I said, I am only just starting out & thos guns are a bit advance for me at the minute, the Ion is working great, had no problems with it & it serves it purpose. When I get better, start taking part in comp, then I will upgrade.

Also, was speaking to a yank on sunday down at my local site, he said that up at Snertterton, every sunday they do Supair, wanted to go watch, mayb take part in the future, anyone know the address of it.

Chris,

Rebel 105

Red Team
Feb 10, 2006
Alsager, Cheshire
www.google.co.uk
Yeah that's a pretty nice gun and good setup! heard that the CP triggers are alright. But trigger feel is all down to preference. And you already have one. :p :D

But you could just get used to your CP or have a play with the stock one and adjust it your liking.

:)

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
i use a delrin ndz trigger on mine think its sweet
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3583/

i can only really get on with flat triggers maybe its just me:p as for upgrading if you play tournys there really is no need mate,my ion shoots just as well as any marker thats shooting at me in fact the whole of our team use ions 20+ players.If you like the marker and it works well for you there really isnt a need to change i mean its not like your going to be outgunned esp now you have a t board:D

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
QEV debate rages on.....

does not having one really make a diffrence?
A lucky stage 2 & 3 with either the Lucky stage 1 or an equivalent aftermarket firing bolt will increase efficiency and decrease cycle time. Coupled with a QEV your Ion becomes very very efficient and consistent over the chrono.

QEV's - We had a bit of a debate previously about the effect of a QEV on paint. It would seem the faster action of the firing bolt caused by the quicker air dump through the QEV caused the Ion to be harder on paint. It was discussed the lucky stages reduce this effect, however, although a lot of conclusions were offered up, not sure we got it 100% confirmed one way or the other.

IonGale

Still Learning...
Jan 9, 2007
Camrbidgeshire
Cheers for the comments guys, loving them.

FatTart : Forgot to mention that, already got a QEV, I noticed the difference so much.

Marcus Geezer : Just the first one I come across but now I know a little more about the sport, am searching for a cheap kit.