Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion upps

crumpler

BEorangeD
Oct 24, 2005
Norfolk
Visit site
hi i got an ion a wile ago and i wanna upp it to the max, i have already bought a eclipse on/off mini rail, freak jnr and some hybrid girl grips. im gonna order a cp trigger and maybe a Qev.

Is there any other stuff possible to get for my ion?

cheers

void

m00!!
Oct 21, 2004
Behind You
Visit site
i would suggest another trigger other than the cp the cp has alot of side to side play, mayb a derlin blade one, be carefull when u screw ur grips on to tight and ull mess the board up

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Look down your breach and you will see something which seems to stick out a lil, it holds a ball in place ready for the bolt to push the ball forward past it and then release air to fire. with out a detent your consistancy would be all over the place and with stronger loaders you would just loose all your balls out the barrel. if you use closed bolt markers with fatty bores, you will know exaclty what im talking about - nothing more aggravating then snapping a single shot that was dry fire because you lost your ball running to your secondary.....

Im not a uber ion fan as most will agree but from what i do know the ion detents are pretty poor with regards to durablility, therefore if your detent does go it might be an idea to replace it with an aftermarker one which has addressed this issue

Oh and Q Lock's are smartparts own so..... Smartparts will sell em;)

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
One thing, don't get a QEV.
The reason Smart Parts havent brought out their own is because simply, the thing dont need one.
I've had a QEV in my Ion, and i've now taken it out. they cause more trouble than good.

You have many choices, you can get new bodies, new triggers, new frames, pretty much anything now.
On mine i've changed the feedneck, bottom line, grips and front reg. You can personalise it as much as you want, but i've kept mine fairly simple, but it performs very well.

One thing I think will interest you

The New Ion Blackheart board will be sold at Warped Sports as of the 1st November, with verrrrry limited stock at first.

Features
------------------------
1. Fire Rate (Adjustable)
2. Trigger Debounce (Adjustable)
3. Kick-In Rate for Advanced Modes (Adjustable)
4. Sustain Rate for Advanced Modes (Adjustable)
5. Shots Fired to Enter Advanced Mode (Adjustable)
6. First Shot Drop Software (Adjustable)
7. PSP Legal Mode (Adjustable)
8. NXL Legal Mode (Adjustable)
9. Millennium Legal Mode (Adjustable)
10. Three Shot Burst
11. Low Battery Indicator
12. More User-Friendly Software

Additional ION/SP-8 features:

1. New Speaker for Easier Adjustments and On/Off Activation
2. Non-Battery Draining Design
3. Nickel Plated Solenoid Components

oh yeah, and I almost forgot... 20 BALLS PER SECOND max rate of fire...

Yours for £70 - VERY limited stock arriving 1st November so be quick if you want one of the first ones, more stock will be arriving in 10-14 days.

Think that might keep you happy enough ;)

bulldog2k

^^ Nice one, Mike - good 'find' re: UK stockers of the Blackheart board (prob not the word but you know what I mean!)

Triggers are very personal things but I'd rate the violent products scythe trigger above all others and I've had them all.

I certainly agree with Mike that QEV's are no longer the Plat du Jour (I think they were his original words!) - it's still a complex pro/con - I'd still go for one, but we all will argue it both ways.

The Q-lok is one of several choices of clamping feedneck but has by far the lowest profile.

Stock front reg is fine and I think only needs to be changed for cosmetic reasons.

In a season of a lot of use inc with reballs, I still haven't had to change my detents - I think Sp prob changed the compound because a team mate's got worn to fark but mine are still fine with the same usage.

And I think a new barrel is one of the more important things to look into...