Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is it worth modifying Automag to use air or get complete new gun?

pbshadow

Jun 3, 2002
home.
Visit site
CHECK PBRVIEW UNDER FORUMS FOR AGD!

the mag is a very high pressure gun.
the mag is not made to be used with c02. it does have the capabilities but u are supposed to by expansion chamber and new valve for c02. THE MAG IS ONE OF THE GHIGHEST PRESSURE GUNS OUT THERE!!!!!!!. dont put aftermarket rgs on it. they lowr pressure to mucha nd causes shhot down. ass for nitro thats what u spoosed to run it on! although th older mags dont run as good as new ones with nitro. u can buy a nw valve kit for that. thats what i did. as for velocity changes... the C02 is th problem. u ned nitro cuz the c02 aint as high pressure and isnt as stable. if u dont believe me go to pbreview.com adn go to AGD forums. they have AGD techs and fanatics (like me out there)!!!!!!!!

so use nitro!

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Pb m8 Mags will run on air/co2 or nitrogen the later are the best 2 but you don't need different valves for co2!,expansion chamber yes ,extra reg big no.Almost any marker on co2 should have an expansion system of some sort.I've used Mags for years most of those with co2 ,`cos air/nitro wasn't widely avaidable in the early `90's in the UK,as did many others and there are 100's of Mags still on co2 being used.I take you're points about shootdown etc. but a well setup Mag on co2 is still a very usable and popular marker as many players don't want the added expense of an air/nitro system.
However I've converted to air completely,because it is better(and I run an Extreme Emag:D )but co2 will be around ,mainly in rec ball,for a long time to come.
:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
How would you even fill a melee system with c02??
Would reccomend getting a level 10 mod though that way no chops and when you're paying rec day prices for paint every ball counts!

Paul.
:D

marky H

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Vinny,
You can use either air or CO2 with a mag, I have and know many who still do. The main disadvantage of CO2 is chilldown and inconsistancy, I have played tournament where the whole team were using co2 in the cold UK february weather, and after 100 shots a piece the other team walked up the field and shot us all as we couldnt reach them due to the chill down.

Generally, if you are only playing occassionally, let the passion drive you, get the gun back to full working order, and go play.
If the passion grabs you, you are doomed and will end up playing competition, bitching why everyone else has more sponsorship than you, moaning that their kit is better than yours and loving every minute of it all.

If not you will enjoy the oportunity to shoot your buddies, always finding someone who is better but not really caring, and still loving every minute of it.

Don't spend a fortune if you are unsure, the bigger better gun will still be there if it is really for you, and who knows they might have put another mod on it by the time you are ready to buy.

Good luck and enjoy, any ball is better than no ball.

Mark