Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too cheap?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I mean think about it, back when a decent marker was a minimum of £500 for a start, there was a far higher class of player.

Now it's so cheap, students, kids, even the unemployed can still afford to play regularly and it's lowering the bar.

Make paintball exclusive again!

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
maybe its cheep if you live on a site. but most of us have to travel, buy paint and entry. noone unemployed should be able to afford that.
infact most people i no play once a month and even then hold back on how much they shoot

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
the thing that makes it so cheap is the second hand market

you say a good marker used to be £500 but 3 months later it,s sold for £200 second hand

here lies your problem

samfrost1308

Banned
Jul 10, 2009
Torquay
a rather short sighted view i believe.

If paintball went back to being so expensive, we would lose almost every player under the age of 20 or so, and lose all those who simply cannot afford to spend 500 quid on a gun. We lose these people, events and sites become more expensive, we lose more people. This happens, and the tournaments and sites have to close down due to lack of demand. This happens and paintball is a goner.

Just my 2p

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London

If paintball went back to being so expensive, we would lose almost every player under the age of 20 or so, and lose all those who simply cannot afford to spend 500 quid on a gun. We lose these people, events and sites become more expensive, we lose more people. This happens, and the tournaments and sites have to close down due to lack of demand. This happens and paintball is a goner.

Just my 2p
Not at all - we lose a load of sites, but those that remain make more margin and can therefore reinvest.

The numbers diminish, but the overall experience shoots up and the industry becomes healthier.

Win-win

G

Gassy

Just my 2p
the loss of almost every sponging kid who thinks paintball owes him a free ride and a sponsorship deal sounds good to me.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

Just my 2p
I fail to see how thats a problem. You forget tournament players make up a fraction and I mean a FRACTION of a sites revenue. In fact I'd go so far as to say tourney ballers COST sites money, between wear and tear on bunkers, cleaning up after them etc.

How would sites disappear? Their revenue comes from ordinary customers, birthday parties, stag and hen do's etc. There'd be fewer tournament players, which would force tournaments to strive to be the best out there in order to get as much of that customer base as possible.

I rmemember when a decent 2nd hand marker started at what's considered silly money today. Anyone who played could afford it, and wanted to spend the money.

These days it's lowballing kids who want and expect the best for next to nothing.