Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Scottish Paintball Doomed!?

enid_puceflange

Homo - Indomitus
We are still in the sorry state that the mass public thinks we are weekend warriors, rabmos an the like, unfortunately the site operators are still charging to much for pain and a good days playing is gonna cost a fortune and is a prohibitive issue in encouraging fresh blood into the sport.
i dont feel the tourney scene will ever return up here again, makes me sad but its true :(
looks like we still need to drive 5+ hrs for a game
on a lighter note, sid - have you dropped to a b cup? ;)
Respect dude, keep training up more Mac clones :cool:
Gary C
Edinburgh Keltics

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Why, oh, why, oh why is it all tourney with you boys?

FFS paintball is much more than that. Get a life and experience things outside your little bubble please.

You never know you may like it. :eek:

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Doesn't there have to Scottish paintball before it can be doomed? Just wondering. :)
Oh and Baca,

I bet you've been twated by more than one Scottish person before now, so who's doomed??

Get a life and make paintball a sport, not just your fantasy. :mad:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Alas poor Cro, he's had a humorectomy

Originally posted by Cro
Oh and Baca,

I bet you've been twated by more than one Scottish person before now, so who's doomed??

Get a life and make paintball a sport, not just your fantasy. :mad:
Aren't you the same guy--and I use that term advisedly--who two posts ago was yammering about running off to play ball in the woods and now you're talking about PB as sport? Could you please make up your mind--oh, wait, I know PB is big enough for everyone, isn't it?
Group hug everybody.

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
Originally posted by Cro
Why, oh, why, oh why is it all tourney with you boys?

FFS paintball is much more than that. Get a life and experience things outside your little bubble please.You never know you may like it. :eek:

Because tourny is faster, more fun, more pro, been evolved from the woods and generally less muddy.

I play anything and everything, scenario ball/rec ball/woods ball in Scotland is big. I can name at least 40 people i know in Scenario teams but nothing comepares to the thrill of hitting a 50 then bunkering some dude posted on your mate.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
WTF!!!!!

Guys,

I beleive this thread is meant as a bit of a joke, you know tongue in cheek about myself and the naked sumo chap!!!!

Well done Scotty D, once again your serious approach to life shines through :eek: and now the board is about Scottish Paintball instead of a bit of banter!!!!!

Okay lets go serious for just a second....

Early 90's Paintball is BANNED in Scotland, no rec ball, no tourney scene, nothing.

Entire world evolves with paintball, Scotland comes back into it in 1997 with myself pulling some of my old players together, we decide to play Simply the Best, get twatted and come back for more......3 years of getting our backsides handed to us before we began to play more as a team, iron out the crap.

Few Years Later hold a walk on day with Sup Air----first ever in Scotland, some lads from Skirmish come along and low and behold a second team emerge from the ashes of Scottish Paintball.

So where are we today.

Clan - Div II PA League

Play Millennium Series, Uk Masters, PA, Euro Indoors and looking at NPPL either one off this season or a couple next season.

17 Players

2 Ex Clan Players have gone PRO

2 Euro Indoors Finalist Trophies under their belts, along with various other Div trophies....

So....to wrap up, A1 Paintball/Clan are pushing Scottish Paintball, in this we reduced our prices, made our site team orientated, promote our sport through awareness to customers, showing DVD's, magazines etc and most of all TALKING TO PEOPLE.

We train twice a month and encourage new players to come along.

Baca - Yes there is Scottish Paintball, but unlike the rest of the friggin World we need to put in that extra 20% to make it work, with extra travel etc, we don't have the player base or the concentration of teams in this Country, doesn't mean we are not here, people are just so narrow minded they think paintball in the UK stops at Carlisle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cro - Buddy, chill, I play tourney, you play whatever you like, don't come on here dissin people because they have opinions mate, and as for living out the bubble, try it yourself mate, never know you might like it, bit like Lipton Ice Tea.

Anyway had my rant, I get a bit pi$$ed when people have a pop at Scottish Paintball, especially when I think of the effort and sacrifices (including my marriage) that I and my team have made to continue promoting ourselves not only in the UK but Europe.

But hey....great photo eh, man boobs and all....

Sid

Some Scottish bloke who knows nothing about paintball.... ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
But they'll never take my freedom!

Originally posted by Sid
. . . people are just so narrow minded they think paintball in the UK stops at Carlisle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Carlisle would be where?
Sorry Sid, I was just having a bit of sport in keeping with the thread's previous tone. It'a all Cro's fault. I say we get pitchforks and torches and teach old Cro a lesson or three.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!

Why don't you guys just drive down to Manchester and play with the Planet/Nexus/Kelly.. manc et al crew...