Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Items not recieved please help

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I personally always pay any fees when trading here or on any other forum. It only costs a few extra £££'s on a sale worth hundreds, and gives you the cover with paypal should things go tits up and you need to claim. Anyone that won't pay the fees is a mug. I totally sypathise with the mods for getting cheesed off when buyers don't follow the trading advice provided, and then expect them to sort things out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Care_Bears

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
No actually, we are not here to help, we are here to moderate. You sent money to someone you've never met, I bet you don't have a contact number or address for him either?

I understand you're frustrated, also understand it isn't our fault or responsibility to clean up after your mistakes. It's not just you, if you could see the amount of requests we get by pm and on the public forum for help from people who've ignored all the advice we have given MULTIPLE times here NOT to pay by payment owed then you would also soon get sick of it.

what exactly would you like us to do for you in this instance?

Not having a go here just my opinion,

as i said when this happened to me i would like to see the mods discouraging this sort of conduct and not just poking fun at the people who have lost out. Surely the mods could create a dodgy list adding people who have robbed other people to it, and there associated IP addys if they create new accounts, so that other people on the forum do not loose out if they end up selling item again, even if you pay the fees, your still looking at a long and tedious process to recover the money, Obviously Banning people would be the first thing most people will call for, but that gives the seller no chance of explaining or logging back on etc etc

so as i say a sh!tlist of dodgy people, something which will highlight potential sellers as !!risky!! on there avatar where it says member etc

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011

as i said when this happened to me i would like to see the mods discouraging this sort of conduct and not just poking fun at the people who have lost out. Surely the mods could create a dodgy list adding people who have robbed other people to it, and there associated IP addys if they create new accounts, so that other people on the forum do not loose out if they end up selling item again, even if you pay the fees, your still looking at a long and tedious process to recover the money, Obviously Banning people would be the first thing most people will call for, but that gives the seller no chance of explaining or logging back on etc etc

so as i say a sh!tlist of dodgy people, something which will highlight potential sellers as !!risky!! on there avatar where it says member etc

That might sound like a good idea but a lot of the sellers don't even read the forum rules so why would people also read another sticky about dodgy people

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

Think of the classifieds as an online car boot sale for paintball gear. That's what it is, you have no legal rights to comeback. Distance selling regulations are not applicable. If something goes wrong, you sort it out between you and the seller, if you think you've been a victim of fraud you go to the police or whatever.

We have chased people up and down the country for refunds and problem solving. What thanks do we get for it? Nada.

I propose, we the mods act as middlemen for a fee. We will charge 10% of the transaction total, you will cover costs of shipping to us and from us. We will verify the items are working, in the condition advertised and when you are satisfied then you pay the seller and we ship the markers on.

Let's see exactly how many conmen get past that. Let's see how many people are prepared to pay for a guaranteed peace of mind......... I estimate none.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
garideon - you've read what Ive wrote wrong

Dusty - Personally i think that is a brilliant idea, obviously not for smaller items but when your buying a £500 marker would certainly give people piece of mind, you would then be able to send the money to the mod, PPO, then over to the seller PPO once everything has been ok'd

But what i was suggesting, just a system to identify people as less than kosher on there account/avatar would be pretty easy to implement

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
But what i was suggesting, just a system to identify people as less than kosher on there account/avatar would be pretty easy to implement
We have a feedback system which all Plat members get on their account. If someone has no feedback, don't buy, better safe than sorry. The onus is always on the buyer to do their homework on the seller, there are rules in place and if someone isn't following them report the posts to us and we'll deal with it from there.