Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joy Withdraw from the NPPL after San Diego

PSPLane

Dec 2, 2005
www.pspeventtts.com
There may be a little bit of anti wdp/uk sentiment after wdp whooped tart parts in the courts. How this would show it's ugly head is pure speculation, but it wouldn't suprise me if it showed in the most obvious place.
Let's pretend this ludicrous idea were true. Who would the NXL guys take the "anti" sentiment out on?

And hinting that the Legion wins by any manner other than hard work and talent is absurd and insulting.

The NXL is by far the best reffed, most competitive, fairest paintball competition around. It's expensive. It is EXTREMELY competitive. Maybe too competitive for some of the hanger on pro teams. There are several reasons why teams would choose to not be a part. Bad reffing, bias, and corruption are not on the list.

Anyone who claims the reffing in the NXL is a reason not to play is full of it. If it is a competing team - they're making excuses. If it is someone who watches the games - they're confused. If it is someone who has never seen the games - they listen to too many confused excuse makers and believed them.

DeepPyro

Burn Baby Burn
Sep 8, 2005
Durham, England
WWW.vudoo.co.uk
So you're implying Joy is losing because their guns suck? Or because Shockers make the refs better?

I can't decide which theory is more stupid.
I think what Tom is saying (for the obviously slow out there:D;)) is that Joy Division have no connection to the good old US of A. (Especially since WDP pulled out of running the NPPL)

They shoot European markers and have a European team name, STOCKHOLM Joy Division.

The Russians (A great team as well btw) shoot American made markers and are officially the BOSTON Red Legion thus stating a american affliation.

Now I wouldn't like to say that there is bias, but struggle to find another explaination (No flag WTF!!??)

DP

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Ah, I get it. I'll email Magued right away to let him know that the NPPL reffing issues will be solved as long as he changes the team name to Topeka Joy Division and switches to using Merlins.

PSPGeoff

Eezo 4 Ultimate!!!
Apr 7, 2006
NoR-CaN
www.pspevents.com
I don't buy the conspiracy theory, I just think it's bad reffing.

The first time there was a problem WDP still owned the league.

i would personally love to see Joy in the NXL, I know the costs would be a bit higher, bringing more guys over, but do as the Russians do and have 1 american line, I think they would be very competitive.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There may be a little bit of anti wdp/uk sentiment after wdp whooped tart parts in the courts. How this would show it's ugly head is pure speculation, but it wouldn't suprise me if it showed in the most obvious place.
Tom, SP didn't get whooped by anybody in the courts.
SP, WDP and Dye all came to a three way cross-licensing agreement.

The only thing SP got whooped by was their attorneys who tagged a $6million bill onto them.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Tom, SP didn't get whooped by anybody in the courts.
SP, WDP and Dye all came to a three way cross-licensing agreement.

The only thing SP got whooped by was their attorneys who tagged a $6million bill onto them.
Now this is where the vast majority of paintballers have been mislead then. We thought that sp were enforcing a patent that would give them cotrol of certain parts of every electronic paintball marker. WDP challenged this and won, I must have misread this somewhere.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Evn though an American conspiracy against all teams that are all Euro (as in location, players and gear) fits in well with my usual cynicism, I just don't believe it's that deep rooted. They're just not smart enough. ;)

Like stated above, I think it's mostly horrendous reffing, combined with a few people with inate bias, but not on the level that the bias becomes league policy.