Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

JT goggles in the UK???

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
OK, that's excellent info - cheers.

So what rate are you likely to get charged for VAT at the 270FPS 12lb/si rate? Or none at all if they think it's a gift and there is no invoice?

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
They will ask the velocity it shoots at, and you just tell them that, its too make sure its legal to enter the country.

You wont get charged VAT if you do the stuff i said(or shouldn't)

Ways round customs

Just a warning, this advice is completely illegal, I would not do it.

If the item sent form the states is a gift, then you do not need to ay tax on it, so if the package is gift wrapped, and has a birthday card attached, then customs and excise will not charge you.

If C&E can prove that it is not a gift then they coudl impound it and charge you with not payign tax, which would be bad...

Have you tried undercover paintball? Or E-bay?

You can get the nVader mask pretty cheap on ebay then all you need is a thermal lense. They aren't as comfortable, but very cheap.

Richard

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Richard, they are not allowed to set a price with out a guideline to set it upon, IE an invoice. Also, if you ask them to send it via USPS then it wont even go near customs, it will go direct to your post office.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Oh, and a gift can be a maximum of £50 but with no invoice they cannot prove that it is more than £50 worth.

Also, you will find that many stores actually mark down the cost on the invoice to reduce customs charges. Ask them to send a false invoice with a price marked down alot and the real invoice sent in the post, they will do this for you.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Philip, do most places do this?? Really?? Or are there a few you can recommend?

This is an interesting thread...

How do we stand in the UK over bringing things like C02 bottles in? I had a quick look on the C+E site and it was going on about compressed air etc so I have a feeling they won't let you bring this stuff through. Am I wrong?

If I can order everything I need from a US store (Dragun, JT Proteus/260, CO2, 12v Evolution) I can probably save myself a few quid over the £300 it will cost me here in England...

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
COOL! At that Canadian place the Dragun, Proteus and 12vEvolution works out about £239 inc shipping! Mmmmm....

Now - any idea on the CO2?