Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

JT Proteous, can they be dyed?

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Ok my clear/black Jt proteous (sp?) are looking a bit manky (technical term that :) ) and was wondering if anyone knows if the plastic will dye?

I know I cant do the frames or lower half as they are black, but the clear bit I want to dye red.... Just worried they will turn pink lol :D

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Do you know if it will stain the pot? I have Rit dye, just dont know if the mrs is going to be wearing my balls as new ear rings next week for ruining a pan lol :eek:

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
^^^^ like he said, i wouldnt use a good pot, ive always just used a plastic bucket.
Wrap it up in old blankets or polistyreen (sp?) to insulate it, fill it with boiing water and then just keep topping it up every so often.
Make sure you rinse and scrub it after your done to get all excess dye off otherwise you might get it somewhere you dont want it!

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Cheers for the info guys, I will just use an old washing up bowl then :) I wont be dying the frame just the rest of the goggs. Hope it dont turn pink lol. will be doing it this weekend..... will have pics up asap :D

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
^^^^ like he said, i wouldnt use a good pot, ive always just used a plastic bucket.
Wrap it up in old blankets or polistyreen (sp?) to insulate it, fill it with boiing water and then just keep topping it up every so often.
Make sure you rinse and scrub it after your done to get all excess dye off otherwise you might get it somewhere you dont want it!
How long should I leave them in the hot mix? I ask as errrrr.... they are in now lol