Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jus Another Noob

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Indeed, we've already had a conversation by PM (not related to this thread I hasten to add) and you seemed to me to be kind of a nice but over keen chap.

Introducing yourself in such a manner and particularly with comments such as "I do and WILL post how i wish and no admin or mod will stop me regardless of e-rules" isn't exactly the best way to start your career in paintball.

Eventually you may wish to join a team, partake in a tournament, sell some gear, buy some gear, ask for help, ask for tips and so on. Be aware, most industry bods pop in here from time to time and it would amaze you what they see and remember. Most of the UK tourney scene pops on here, including the organisers, Millennium event organisers and so on. All of a sudden you'll turn up some day and someone will ask if you're registered on p8ntballer. Now, do you think that person will have a preconceived notion of you? Do you think team captains will want someone who does as they wish and doesn't really bother with the rules?

Rules are there for the protection and enjoyment of ALL users, including you. Do please take a moment and read around the forum so you get the "feel" for the place before jumping in with emboldened statements and you'll soon get the idea.

Using a spell checker is an easy thing to do, taking your time can mean the difference between people respecting your opinion or completely disregarding it when they see your username. It's a small mark of care and attention which says a lot about the person typing.

You're 24. I knew everything when I was 24 and since that time a few years back I'm amazed how much everyone else appears to have learned........

Welcome to p8ntballer :)

NinjaUK

Dirty UKnian
May 6, 2012
Grantham
Your the first person that welcomed me lol

And im not sayin i have a total disregard for the rules etc im just saying ill type how i wish to type, again its a text based forum with personas meaning i have REAL reason to act all 'prim n proper'.

Regarding teams etc i dont think it would come down to 'hey i wouldnt accept that ninja guy in our team, he types like he talks and noone will stop him'. Im sure it would be based on my skill and ability to work as a team, and againi wont fully disregard all rules, just how i type/talk.

When it comes to selling i think its a case of if they want my custom or not and again not 'hey your that ninja guy, sorry cant sell to you because you type like you talk and wont let anyone stop you' same when it comes to me selling items.

I fully see your point Dusty, and i understand what you mean, i just dont think me saying that line is as serious as its being made out to be.
Ide understand your point more if i was typeing like 'yh, u, dis, dat, wot' but im not

Ide like to chill out here everyone now n then, i just dont think you should be so strict on such a minor issue

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You're fine so far. Just don't come across all big and bad, there's always someone not too far away who is bigger and badder.

Like Jay (Buddha) our admin guy ;)

Reactions: zX JT Xz

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I always presumed the 'no text talk' rule was so that people who arent familiar with words shortened to within in an inch of their life can understand what your saying, not everyone watches the 'only way is essex'. People still use their 'lol's' and their 'rofl's', so if your the type that likes to roll on the floor you can still express yourself. X

NinjaUK

Dirty UKnian
May 6, 2012
Grantham
I dont thin
I always presumed the 'no text talk' rule was so that people who arent familiar with words shortened to within in an inch of their life can understand what your saying, not everyone watches the 'only way is essex'. People still use their 'lol's' and their 'rofl's', so if your the type that likes to roll on the floor you can still express yourself. X
I dont think anyone watches 'only way is essex', well i hope not lol

mikepetrs

Nov 12, 2007
ely
Welcome:) , where you based? what sort of bits n bobs are you looking for ?....told you id be back:p

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Your the first person that welcomed me lol

And im not sayin i have a total disregard for the rules etc im just saying ill type how i wish to type, again its a text based forum with personas meaning i have REAL reason to act all 'prim n proper'.

Regarding teams etc i dont think it would come down to 'hey i wouldnt accept that ninja guy in our team, he types like he talks and noone will stop him'. Im sure it would be based on my skill and ability to work as a team, and againi wont fully disregard all rules, just how i type/talk.

When it comes to selling i think its a case of if they want my custom or not and again not 'hey your that ninja guy, sorry cant sell to you because you type like you talk and wont let anyone stop you' same when it comes to me selling items.

I fully see your point Dusty, and i understand what you mean, i just dont think me saying that line is as serious as its being made out to be.
Ide understand your point more if i was typeing like 'yh, u, dis, dat, wot' but im not

Ide like to chill out here everyone now n then, i just dont think you should be so strict on such a minor issue
Well, thats not how it came across pal. In this community, we all know each other, if you stick around, you will get to know alot of people aswell, and starting a thread with the first line being basically "I dont care for rules or authority" basically smacks of teenage angst and suggests you are looking for a fight/confrontation. On the field, we'll all fight you, but off the field, and on here, we are mostly guys and girls who have the same hobby and interest in paintball.

The rules are there for everyone. They are not something we the mods made up to pi$$ you off. We dont know you, how would we do that? The rules are there to try to make this site run smoothly and some rules are there to protect members (i.e classified rules). They are not laws, we are not the Police. Of course you can break any rule that you want to, no problem here. But if enough of this community objects to you (or whomever) then we reserve the right to remove you from the forums. I wouldnt come to your house and sh1t in your sink. I would hope you would throw me out.

So far though, you havent broken any rules, your typing is fine, and you appear to have a little more humility than your first post pointed out.

Welcome to paintball, and welcome to this forum! If you need any help and advice, please feel free to post a thread or send me a PM. Lets all hug and start again :)

Reactions: Dusty and Big Mac

NinjaUK

Dirty UKnian
May 6, 2012
Grantham
Theres more to me than meets the letters, i have no problem with your rules let me make that clear, i just think i should be able to express myself freely without someone being picky with wording. Im not a chav let me make that clear also lol.

I do however LOVE hiphop and alot of my influence in life is from hiphop, find it silly if you wish but paintball is not my only hobby. As stated in my 1st post i do music production, meaning i rap, song write, produce beats etc

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Theres more to me than meets the letters, i have no problem with your rules let me make that clear, i just think i should be able to express myself freely without someone being picky with wording. Im not a chav let me make that clear also lol.

I do however LOVE hiphop and alot of my influence in life is from hiphop, find it silly if you wish but paintball is not my only hobby. As stated in my 1st post i do music production, meaning i rap, song write, produce beats etc
No-one is picking with your wording, no-one called you a chav.

When you posted first, it came across like this

but I can see that underneath you are probably ok :)

Reactions: GodForbid

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Will say hi to the forum mate but will also give advise like everyone else, your attitude is just a little off an needs to be controlled, the people on this forum will help you out everyway they possible can and go out of there way to help you but if you piss people off with attitude not a single person will bother with you, yes everyone has a right to express them selfs but everyone has to stick to the letters of the law an if you don't do that you will be punished in the long run, so good luck mate and welcome to the forum and enjoy,