Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

la soya at toulouse

Donal

Mar 1, 2003
www.skitzofrenia.com
I think there has to be a governing body for refs. This way, a ref will have back up when he tosses someone for conduct.

It will also help when paintball gets united into one large governing body. This way, if one tourney or league suspends a player like LaSoya, he won't be able to just run in another major tourney run by another group.

If he gets booted and is prevented from participating in future tourneys, his sponsors won't have much use for him. He will deffinatly understand that.

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by paintballma
...Seems like us Yanks have the corner on bad behavior doesn't it Ray? I think I will bring the kids to Europe so that they can see that you can play paintball and not be a dolt (see the great language I am picking up from you guys already!)

P.S. Robbo you know the minors involed in the Pendelton fiasco.
===

Hi Sue,
Glad to see you in Cyberspace :) I'm assuming Little Man stopped playing video games enough for you to grab the keyboard :)
Yes, it was funny...that one "tanking" incident I heard about it immediately after it happened, while I was on the way to have a few drinks with one of the involved team's major sponsors (plane tickets). I heard about it 'cause the other team was a sister team... when the first team was talking about their plane tickets I kinda inquired about what happened at the field. The sponsor didn't bat an eye...oh well, he later got accused of embezzling from his company and dropped out of the paintball world but I still see his brother playing for a midwest team. Well, at least we don't have fans dying at soccer fields...oh wait, we don't have fans at soccer fields :) we have fans at Football fields...heh, heh.

Oh well, my very first introduction to one redheaded pro player was on the tape at Vegas back when it was all dust and bushes and we each stood up in the middle of the game to scream at each other...(we were the only team to beat his team in the GWS that year, and we did it twice)...I'm sure he was convinced that we were cheating just as we were convinced that his teammate was cheating. In the middle of the argument he shot me three times in the knee saying that I was never called neutral (the ref was a new one and his head was spinning), so then my back man started lighting him up...I believe the ref had to forcefully order us off the field (I think four total from both teams ended up walking off) :) He wasn't pro at the time but they were cutting through other teams as though they were pro...that was my first impression of the "pro" attitude...at the time I wasn't enamoured of him or his attitude but now, I kinda understand why it happens...if you push like that, sometimes you succeed. Oh well, I'm starting to digress...I should call Phil M. and see if he and Fridge want to do that 3-man...

Ray

R

raehl

Bad behavior will continue to happen...

As long as it continues to work.

- Chris

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Well

The dry facts:

1. He WAS playing on and the 300ppl sitting on the benches are all witnessed him doing it.

2. He was verbally accusing the referees.

3. He was overshooting the Russian guy.

4. He said "Blow me ****ers" and shook his balls to the ENTIRE right side of the field + some more nice words.

Now I dont know about it but I see at least 2 violations of the Mill rules in there.

His playing on in that game DIRECTLY effected the results in the top 4 robbing the Russians the 3rd place.

There should be a rule that any illegal move wich effects the game as his move effected it should result in an automatic flag hang for the opposing team!!!

Then they would stick to the damn rules!!!

Besides I salute the RL for their exceptional self control and their absolute sportmanship!!!!

Peace

R

raehl

Now THAT is a wee bit of an overreaction.

The rules are fine, they just need more consistent enforcement. The rule you want is worse than the rules there currently.

- Chris

Oct 22, 2002
MaDuRoDaM
1. He WAS playing on and the 300ppl sitting on the benches are all witnessed him doing it.

2. He was verbally accusing the referees.

3. He was overshooting the Russian guy.

4. He said "Blow me ****ers" and shook his balls to the ENTIRE right side of the field + some more nice words.

Now I dont know about it but I see at least 2 violations of the Mill rules in there
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

only 2 ??
as u wrote it down being thw dry fatcs

It actually DOES matter if the same rule
is violated more then once

i see at least
Four violations in your summary
Playing On
Overshooting
and (at least) twice a verbal & in gesture display of very unsportsmanlike conduct

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Raehl

Why is it an overreaction?

If a player who is already shot or eliminated actively influences the game in a way that it changes the end result of the game, why is it an overreaction to give an automatic flag hang to the opposing team?

Eliminated player has only one role on the field and that is to get his ass to the deadbox!!!

Please prove me wrong in this!!!

The Lasoya incident is a prime example for this:

He traded shots he and the RL guy got shot. RL guy walks off the field and Lasoya as an eliminated player zooms down the field and shots another RL guy.

Was he eliminated? YES he was ask the people on the bencehes!

Was he playing on? Blatantly!!

Were a 1-4-1 in order? Hell yeah!

Did his move affected the game in a way that it changed the end result? IT BLOODY DID!

Peace

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
From what I've read

It sounds like there's been some naughty goings on.

There also seems to be the usually 'We should.....they should.....somebody should do this about that' but no-one actually DOES anything about it all.

Does anyone around here have any say and clout to actually enforce something? These in game actions come across as though the players involved are mocking the lack of rule enforcement and saying 'look, if no-one is gonna lift a finger to stop me doing this then I'll just keep doing it, win games then vanish for a few months'. Everyone knows the rules are there but there aint no solid policing.

You look at how joy have been marshalling the NPPL events, from the Beach dvd it seems as though they made hard and fair calls and it seemed to make a difference. Except for in the Bushwackers case, even with cameras there they still try it on.

Will this turn into one of those situations like with everything else in the world where it takes something really serious to happen to warrant doing something about it?

cjansen

Dazed and Confused
Jun 3, 2003
USA
Visit site
The case has been brought to the EPA, and Piper has stated that he's on the case. When he's got something to put out, I'm sure it'll be up here.

Not a word from anyone on the Millennium board. Not exactly breaking news there, is it.

Joern has been lurking around here - care to comment Dr. Evil? :p

R

raehl

Originally posted by acsik
Raehl
Why is it an overreaction?

If a player who is already shot or eliminated actively influences the game in a way that it changes the end result of the game, why is it an overreaction to give an automatic flag hang to the opposing team?
Because you're trying to write a crappy rule to address a situation that, with proper reffing, should almost never happen. The solution is to improve the reffing, not write a crappy rule. It's a crappy rule because it depends on the refs realizing that the player "actively influences the game in a way that changes the end result of the game" - if the refs knew that, they'd call the appropriate one-for-ones and it'd all be taken care of; if they didn't know it, (and you appear to want the rule for the cases when the refs miss the cheating) having the rule isn't going to do you one bit of difference - as far as the refs know, nothing odd happened.

It's an overreaction because you havn't thought what you think you want all the way through.

- Chris