LiPS Paintball Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball Smart Parts G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball Bricket Wood DYE Paintball

Latest Millenium Email

Discussion in 'Major League Tournaments' started by Dark Warrior, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Dark Warrior www.paintballscene.co.uk

Dark Warrior
    Message Count:
    [FONT=&quot]Millennium Series 2010 News[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Team,

Firstly we would like to thank you for being a part of this years league. In particular we would like to thank you for your help and understanding at our opening event in Malaga, where we experienced the worst weather during an event in our history. Thankfully we ended the season in Turkey with probably the best weather we have had.

During 2009 we held one of our 5 events as an open cup in Paris, making a departure from our normal 5 leg league. After taking account of all feed back we have decided not to repeat this in 2010 and will therefore return to a 5 leg league as normal.

As always we are working hard behind the scenes right now in order to get the best possible venues with the best possible deals for teams confirmed. We are currently much further ahead with this than normal and can confirm our first two events with provisional venues for the last three. Shortly we believe we will be in a position to fully confirm the schedule detailed below. From lessons we learnt this year in Turkey, we are also negotiating very hard for improved hotel deals for teams at all venues and will bring advanced information on this as soon as possible.

The rules commission is also currently looking at the rule book to see where and if any changes are necessary. One rule that will be changed for 2010 will be regarding caliber. There is a growing demand to allow other calibers to participate in The Millennium Series and we are pleased to confirm that in 2010 we will allow both 0.68 0.50 cal. As a result we will open up our events to new companies who will be looking to sponsor teams. We expect to start announcing 2010 sponsors very shortly.

We are also looking at some fine tuning of our events in order to add to the overall atmosphere and smooth running with the hope to be able to help cut your costs further. We will shortly be contacting you for your feed back to assist us in our planning.

In the meantime if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at the Millennium. Once again thank you for your support.

Kind Regards

The Board of The Millennium Series

2010 CALENDAR

SPAIN: 16TH - 18TH April 2010: Confirmed

GERMANY: 21ST - 24TH May 2010: Confirmed

FRANCE: 02ND - 04TH July 2010: To Be Confirmed

ENGLAND: 10TH - 12TH September 2010: To Be Confirmed

TURKEY: 22ND - 24TH October 2010: To Be Confirmed [/FONT]

2. spangley_special www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk

spangley_special
    Message Count:
    dunno about you, but i don intend to play paintball in Germany any time soon

3. Ali gunnin down fools in style

Ali
    Message Count:
    was just thinkin that. That time next year parents will let me play so will see what happens by then.

4. Tricky Dicky Inverness ICE

Tricky Dicky
    Message Count:
    ahh malaga on my birthday :D ill hopefully be over to watch if not getting a chance to play :D

5. Syd (NSPL) NSPL and Pr0to KotH

Syd (NSPL)
    Message Count:
    So, .50 cal is being allowed.

I wonder what tests have been done before this decision was made. I'm concerned about the claims that it is harder to feel a hit at distances = more penalties. And also that the mark is smaller and harder to distinguish from spray, etc than .68 = more incorrect calls. Reffing is paintball's bugbear - making it harder/worse would be the last thing we need.

Not to mention the concerns about velocity limits needing to be higher for .50 cal or any number of other unknowns at this time.

You'd expect some rather extensive field testing before the European leaders of tournament paintball okay .50 cal right? At least a couple of events WITH .50 cal to get feedback and assess the issues that might arise?

Anybody know of any .50 cal events yet?

6. onasilverbike I'm a country member!

onasilverbike
    Message Count:
    /Irony

7. onasilverbike I'm a country member!

onasilverbike
    Message Count:
    At least this is a step forward!?!?

8. Piper I am Robbo's handler!

Piper
    Message Count:
    Syd
    The paint has been fully tested and the tournament grade and rec grade passed fine, they do not bounce anymore than .68 cal.
    The marking is fine, see the thread in the .50 cal forum entitled Competition time for a picture of the fill.

Velocity does NOT need to be higher than .68 cal

The USPL (NPPL) and XSPL (think that is it) have allowed .50 cal, PSP have their end of year meeting soon so until then they have not made a decision.

9. Syd (NSPL) NSPL and Pr0to KotH

Syd (NSPL)
    Message Count:
    With respect Piper, to my knowledge it has not been tested at an actual tournament event (i.e. used in play). So the unknowns are still there.

I have nothing against .50 cal. In fact, I'm all for the principle and always believe change can be a good, if not essential, thing.

My point is simply that this announcement from the Millennium seems rushed. Decisions always seem to be made with money in mind, rather than the welfare of the sport.

FYI, I have seen all of the info on .50 cal - I have been following it with great interest. My concerns remain at this time, though I expect them to be dismissed considering the confidence in the product from GI Milsim and your good self.

10. Lump one case one kill

Lump
    Message Count: