The Home Of European Paintball

limited paint

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
NEVER put old paint in your marker
Normaly I'de say the same thing but when times running low the other teams up and your revys spinning its better to have a messy gun and be in the finals then keep your gun shiny and be going home early. Like you said its normally not good but its better than getting shot out when you have no paint.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
I did the same against Kellys - but didnt win the game, instead i jumped over the bunker shot him (as i was getting lit up) and the ball failed to break.
Oh bugger.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Got roped in (i objected, honest) to helping out the losing (all day) team of punters while marshalling at the site, one day.
The other marshalls decided that I could have 24 balls, one for each player on the field (12 a side). managed to shoot 8 players out myself, then picked up a ball to mug the player on the otherside of my barricade. straight in the goggles! However, his chum to my right, ripped into me like a MOFO. apon leaving the field, I discovered that the pain in my upper arm and shin, were bleeding quite nicely and bruises were allready forming between them!!! Still have the scar on my leg. He was about 2ft from me.
Gaz

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Really the tactics for limited paint are the same, you just can't "lane" for very long and your suppression fire has to be slower. You also, obviously can't just sit in your bunker and pull the trigger...you actually have to move, especially if your frontman is moving as he is supposed to. In limited paint format it's all about your basic skills, and not all about your paint budget. One year, coming off the Great Western (limited paint) series, my team (Storm LA) won the LA Open (2000 NPPL I believe) 5-man Am-B division shooting basically limited paint against other teams shooting unlimited. I was the back man and I had a three pod harness with two of them short pods (100 rounds). Why was I a back man? Well, the rest of the guys were all excellent front men and I volunteered. I told them that when I gave the code that I was down to one pod, they had to bust a move or die very soon...they usually busted a move :) One of my fondest memories is of someone watching me walkon, who had watched me play a previous game and hearing them say "He's only got three pods!". Two of those front men now play on Pro teams (JP on SC Ironmen, and Arnold on Bob Long's team) so maybe the limited paint format helped to learn movement? I don't know but we started out as a limited paint 10-man team. I know alot of the guys now on California Pro-teams have played the Great Western series which became the Pan Am Circuit. Iron Kids former members come to mind quickly...Opie on SC also. Oh well, if you're a good team, you'll win in limited paint and it costs you less.

Ray "I am NOT a Back man" N.