Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Loctiiiiiite!

stickboy

Jun 28, 2002
Northampton
Visit site
Any UK companies out there sell Loctite, specifically the variations recommended by Tippmann for their guns (I think they're called Loctite #271 and Red Loctite)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Locktite 542 is the thread sealant stuff if that's what you're after... Buck and Hickman (Nationwide Tools Company) managed to get some in for me!

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Generall, loctite (thread locking compound) come is three main flavours - Blue, Yellow and Red (Although I've never seen yellow used)

Blue - Mild. Used for applications that need to be adjusted from time to time. Does a good job for almost anything.

Yellow - Medium. For components that will never be adjusted except for sceduled inspection purposes. Pretty strong.

Red - Permanent. For components that will never need to be adjusted. You will porobably break an allen key before breaking the red threadlock on a set screw.

I suggest you get some of the stuff from Halfords / B & Q wherever. You certainly DONT need to get it from a paintball company, who will charge you a huge markup for the same suff. (Remind anyone of SmartParts molycote?)

Tom

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
loctite

I had a Angel LED, Could not get the fitting out of the front reg, so could not change for a larger micro line type. Got a mate who tryd, broke the reg, cost him a packet to get replaced.
Be careful what you use..

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
Actually

I use Loctite Red for prety much everything, it is not WHAT you use, it is how you use it.

I rather the extra 'care' to remove components put together with red, than risk something not quite locking properly and coming loose.

Loctite Red - however - is a bit of a general term, I prefer to use 271 as it starts to loose its qualities at about 100 degrees C, thus components can be dropped in some hot water before loosening if they do not want to play ball, but at normal temperatures, they will be difficult to remove (i.e CO2 Bottles)

If you do not want quite this flexibilty of strenght over a temperature range, then I suggest 222 (also Red) as this is classed by loctite as a "Low Strength compound for easily broken small components (i.e Reg screws, anti-dbs etc)

Non of these (or any others I have used) would require any more than a hot air gun to remove, Gas axes are reserved for chopping up Tippmann 98s and roasting pork. ;)