Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Loose ASA causing wobble

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Not long had my 09 SLG UL but i'm having the problem that after a while the 2 screws on the ASA rail which hold it into the frame come loose on their own. This causes the marker to wobble. Why is this? Is this a common problem? I tighten them properly when i'm doing any maintanence.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Actually, my bad, i've posted wrong. It is the rail i'm referring to. Will edit post, thanks.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I know that, for the ego's, this is a problem, the vibration of the gun cycling was causing the screws to back out. They solved this on the geo (when releasing the G2 kit) by locktite'ing a small patch on the screw, think nylon threaded screws.

I dont, and will never claim to, know anything about the P/DM line of guns, but maybe a small amount of locktite could help?

I'm sure that if I'm wrong, I will get flamed to death.

Dave

PaintBallBandit

Feb 4, 2009
my slg did it best thing to do is take the ASA off then bang loads and loads of loctite on it tighten it up but give it an extra nip at the end just t make sure then just leave it for a few mins while the loctite does its job!!

trust me im a mechanic hehe!!:D

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
As Sumo mentioned above, if you are finding that the screws in the ASA mount are shaking loose, it is easier and cleaner to use a few wraps of PTFE tape on the threads of the screw, as you are then not likely to glue other parts together, as you may do when using loc-tite.

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Ok cheers guys i've put some PTFE tape on the screw threads lets hope that goes the trick!:D