Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Loose ASA causing wobble

PaintBallBandit

Feb 4, 2009
Ok cheers guys i've put some PTFE tape on the screw threads lets hope that goes the trick!:D
that wont do it pal tried it that was first thing i tried when i was on game day but if you go to halfords and ask for sum they will show ya its only about a quid!!

loctite sets like a hard platic were as ptfe tape stays flexable and after so long its turns into gew!!

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
As Sumo mentioned above, if you are finding that the screws in the ASA mount are shaking loose, it is easier and cleaner to use a few wraps of PTFE tape on the threads of the screw, as you are then not likely to glue other parts together, as you may do when using loc-tite.

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe
PaintBallBandit said:
that wont do it pal tried it that was first thing i tried when i was on game day but if you go to halfords and ask for sum they will show ya its only about a quid!!

loctite sets like a hard platic were as ptfe tape stays flexable and after so long its turns into gew!!

im backing ash. the fully certified dye/proto tech on this one

and sumo. for reasons un-beknown to me. but meh, he was on to a winner.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
answer

Not long had my 09 SLG UL but i'm having the problem that after a while the 2 screws on the ASA rail which hold it into the frame come loose on their own. This causes the marker to wobble. Why is this? Is this a common problem? I tighten them properly when i'm doing any maintanence.
above

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
the only way you going to sort this out,is to get the ul frame as your problem is that the frame you have is plastic and when you screw in the alan key to tighten the asa you are just drawing the nut out of its seat as a temp solution is not to put lock tight on the bolt (alan key) but to draw the nut out and lock tight that back in place this wont last for ever keep your eyes on the for sale section as there is always someone selling ul frame this will end your problem m8
Dicksin,

I think you may have the various models of SLG confused with one another.

The SLG UL comes with a UL frame as standard. Secondly, there is no aftermarket aluminium UL frame that you can purchase for any of the SLG models.

The problem RetroPwn is describing has nothing to do with what you are referring to. His problem has now been resolved.

The issue that you are describing is only caused by over-tightening the airport locking screw in the side of the grip frame. You actually only need to nip this screw so that it holds the airport in place. Over tightening of this screw can cause the thread insert in the frame to push out, and can ultimately damage the dove-tail on the base of the frame.

If you have any other queries that you would like to clear up feel free to e-mail me: eurotech@dyeprecision.com

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

johnspartan

Apr 28, 2009
hey i accidentally removed the locking screw from the hole and it wont go back in. how do you put it back in