Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Low pressure for an SL74

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
www.northants-giants.co.uk
Hi guys!

Firstly thanks for any help.

I am debating whether to buy a reasonably priced 4500 air tank, however it's a low pressure reg on it. I am wondering if it will work fine with my SL74.

I have searched the internet, and the general consensus was that yes it would, however I did read several times that Eclipse recommend against low pressure, but with no reasons as to why. Just wondering what the official input is.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
It`s a high pressure gun mate and if you`ve been advised , then go with it. unless you want to kill the gun !!

GodForbid

Jun 30, 2012
www.northants-giants.co.uk
The general advice is that's it's fine (450PSI is still high pressure) but I read once or twice that Eclipse recommended against it, but with no reason as to why. Just wondering if that is the case or not.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
The only problem that you may find that with high rates of fire you may experience drop off. I have ran an Etek 3 on 450-500psi and it works fine. What make reg is on the tank?

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
For the most consistent performance, we would recommend using a high pressure output bottle. The ability to use medium and low pressure regulators is only really a reality when using the SL3 Inline, which appeared on much later markers.

Nicky T

Barrage

Oct 19, 2009
Liverpool
Nicky you say the SL3 inline reg can use low pressure regs. How low can it go?? Would it be comfortable with a Ninja SLP reg?