Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 divitions a disscution thread please read

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Jeez :rolleyes:

Why cant people just be happy with what we've got!? When Temple was the only place to 'ball regually in the South people were dreaming of a competetive southern league... And now we've got it!

Sparklie, Liz and all the backstage staff have been working really hard to get this thing up and running and so far its been a thankless task for them. The M25 is only 2 tournaments into its infancy. Suggestions are good but slagging isn't going to help anyone. You guys really wanna go back to Temple??

Just my 2 cents :)

Tommy

go-one

A ranking system has got to be the way ahead. I belive there is already somthing up on the UKPL site but I havn't checked. I'm assuming Sp'C has somthing sorted to work out end of series prizes etc but since every request for info has brought forth nowt I can't coment.

I have been playing around in my head a system which I will put on a seperate thread when I've tested it using the 1st 3 legs of the M25 (So after the weekend !).

Beyond that the problem could quickly go away. We nearly have 32 teams with rolling deposits paid and when that happens its closed shop 2 up 2 down !!!!!!!!!!!!! (Bar the odd swap for teams who can't make it !). And if your names not down, TOUGH !!!!!

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
I would drop series prizes for the m25. Teams should be using it as a means to play against decent competition (trying to climb the divisional ladder). I think Sparklie has already mentioned that costs for these events are bigger than entrance fees alone so why bother with series prizes? either hand out prizes at individual legs or scrap them all together. As the divisions work at the moment no one can claim to be novice or amateur champion as there are novice and am teams spread across divisions. All the divisions represent are splits between the good and not so good teams.

ok guys I have been taking on board all your comments so far and have spoken to team captins and taken on board there sugestions I need to bounce these idears around with my team ie two / 8 heads are better than one and I think you will all be happy with the out come so expect awnsers sunday :D

details for junes leg are all ready to go out I have an evening game to go run and expect to be shattered when I get back so im not pronmising any thing tonight but expect to have your details by sunday I will also be brining coppies to Dunstable a printed cpoy is sitting on my desk as we speak :D

If you have email please you would have been asked your opinions on a serise of subjects please let me know and ask your team I would like to make an informed dession.

See you all sunday sparklie

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Regarding the series prizes, these aren't going to be something that Sparklie puts in but stuff awarded by the industry, so it really has to be given as the sponsor asks e.g. that lovely nice man Andy Piper has offered a prize for the series Novice winner. Now that's what he wants the prize awarded for (nice to see support for the novices :) ), so Sparklie can't just decide to give it to the winner of a particular round. In fact, ALL the prizes have been donated by series sponsors or other members of the industry, so they aren't anything to do with the massive costs of running the events.
Stongl - Wolf Am came 4th in a Millennium event this year, despite having to miss a game in the finals 'cause they had to catch their plane, so I would say that yes, they are very much back on the boil. Wolf are a class act and always have been :cool:

paintfly

Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by stongl
Paintfly seems that your recent Mil performances have done you no favours for the Divisions either! Or are you guys back on the boil now?

Well i'll be .......!
Wouldn't even have known untill we pitched up on sunday. Dont know whether i should be flattered or not. You kind of just expect things to be run properly and play for what you payed. Wolf Am in division 1 ? Guess we better change our name to Wolf pro, and our Novice team to Wolf Am as i see they have also ended up a division higher.

Please someone explain this to me.... How does a team ever make any progress on the League rankings if you keep getting moved around in divisions.Surely there can be no true reflection on team performance this way. Shouldn't the teams decide when they need to be moved up or down ? Seems to me there have been quite a few complaints about this. If teams had complained about certain teams playing in divisions they felt were too low (like a pro team playing AM division), then surely it would be justified, but as far as i can tell teams were happy to stay in their original divisions from round one, and keep competing against those teams ????????

Either way Wolf will be there, and if thats what we have to play then so be it..... Bring it on!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
One thing ALL teams have to remember is it isn't what Division you are in it's the teams you are playing. Being Div 1 doesn't mean you are playing Pro (and hence all your games are against Pro's)

Div 1 this time round is a hell of a lot weaker than previous events, so the fact you are Div one doesn't mean as much in terms of difficulty

If some of these were put in a div with Nexus, Shock, Backlash, Tigers, Kellys and say Imperial then yeah teams would be out of place.

But with the spread of the teams that are at this event you cannot have teams in the same divisions as they might have been.

The fact you are in Div 1 doesn't mean you are going to be playing all games against Pro standard opposition, plus like liz says, if wolf/impact/storm 2 want to step down what team in Div 2 would actually be a better choice?

SHERIFF

LT-KILLER #O6
Jul 22, 2002
ESSEX
WWW.LTPAINTBALL.COM
If most of the teams in div 1 are pro how can it be an easy div .
The only people who seem to be happy with the am teams playing it are teams that are not in that div..
We have been put in div 1 and are happy to play it but there are teams lower down that have played better than us and have not moved up i think that is why people are getting the ump .
The other thing people have said is that teams are useing it as practice for the melenium you will find most teams playing will only do campaign cup .
if a team books in as am pays the rolling deposit and plays 2 legs in div 2 not winning eather of them why should they then be moved up just because the pro teams did not show the same comitment as they have.
Remember most pros are sponsered so a torny dose not cost them much , most am teams dont have as much so it cost them a lot more this is why they dont want to spend the day getting but fu*ked for there £600+.
Still i'am looking forwards to pitting our witts against these teams see you all sunday.... :cool:

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
This comment guys is my last word on this subject, cos i have had enough of having to justify myself. i do not wish to offend, i just want what is good and right for all!!

Originally posted by Liz
Remember the criteria for placing teams is general ability, recent results and experience.
Liz a quote above from your earlier post.......based on this criteria, does 50points qualify for the Division with Pro teams in it? (taken your point Beaker, not all Pro teams, but still more than in any other Div!!)

I probably have not explained myself correctly, worded my comments in the best way, and i am sorry for any offence taken, but my feelings are still the same, our guys (STORM 2) did not just get beaten in the last leg they got completely smashed off the fields, and all wanted to give up at lunchtime and go home - this is surely not what any organiser wants?

Originally posted by Liz
(Could be a nightmare working out series positions now though! ).
By my reckoning, based on the movement of teams in the last 3 legs, you already have a can of worms to sort out with points in each category to date! how can 500 total series points by an AM team in the top Div be equal to 500 total series points by an AM team in Div 3?

Originally posted by Beaker
The fact you are in Div 1 doesn't mean you are going to be playing all games against Pro standard opposition, plus like liz says, if wolf/impact/storm 2 want to step down what team in Div 2 would actually be a better choice?
I agree Beaker, and if our guys had not taken such a demoralising smashing in the last leg then they and others might not have complained about their Division! if Wolf and Impact wish to be dropped from Div 1 it may be that they saw STORM 2 get hammered last time and do not wish for the same!

Again i would like to apologise to all who think i have moaned, whinged, upset, or offended. i personally am happy with our Division, because i know my team on a good day can win it, but the guys that i have organisied to atend as STORM AM B/Nov (i never called them AM) will be paying £100 for the privilage to be shot senseless! and this simply is not fair on them, especially when plenty ofnotice of the teams standard had been given (Sparklies forum 30.04.03 stating Nov or AM B max, definately not Pro!)