Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 Leauge your thoughts please

ez-rhino

Free the Bracknell 7
Oct 14, 2002
Berkshire, UK
7-Man

this is what the tournament scene needs for novice, am, and pro levels. If we are going to compete effectively with many of the foreign teams in the Millennium Series then we need to be palying regular 7-man events.

It doesn't work to practice 5-man events then go and do a few major 7-man events. The communication and planning are different enough to need regular 7-man training.

And just in case I haven't made things clear that I'm in favour of 7-man events.

7-MAN EVENTS PLEASE

rick nash

Sep 13, 2001
Visit site
Sparklie as per our telecon it has got to be 7 man all the millenium tournys are 7 man so why not this set i think that 5 man sup air is a thing of the past now. We will be at every leg ot will be like a breath of fresh air for us in the south so well done.

Ricky team Kool Running.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Seems that you've got your answer Sparklie - 7 man rules and there seems to be plenty of support for your series taking on that format.

Next issue... how to ensure easy access for new teams. Some ideas have already been put across and running the Academy will certainly help. Get these ideas realised and then promote them to up and coming teams and you've cracked it.

All sounds good. :)

Thanks for your support syd I hope to see you soon:)

Iam am really impressed with the support and offers of help theres lots going on behind the sences so to speak at the moment.

Watch this space and ones like it;) all input will be considered in putting this serise togther your veiws do really matter so please keep them comming.

Sparklie meeting you in the middle off to move a few more mountains ;)

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth:

7 man, its been said before, its the way to go.

I wouldn't bother with pro, am, nov but run divisions instead with mandatory promotion/demotion depending on results, that way teams should always be playing at a competitive level throughout the year rather than getting creamed in one game and walking the rest. It is a consistent level of competition which will see the teams progress.

Field wise, I think sup air is a must nowadays but field design should be challenging aka the millenium fields, it is important to make teams think more and more in domestic tournies so they are prepped for milleniums.

Marshalling, running a series it is wise to have teams wanting to play it all marshal one. Make it mandatory for the decent/ long standing teams to marshal. Having said this I would recommend getting three field ultimates and keeping these guys constant at every leg, that way you get 7 marshals plus an ultimate at every leg.

Events wise I would say something between 4 and 6 in order to make the series do-able for most teams.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Bad Dave
Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth:

7 man, its been said before, its the way to go.

I wouldn't bother with pro, am, nov but run divisions instead with mandatory promotion/demotion depending on results, that way teams should always be playing at a competitive level throughout the year rather than getting creamed in one game and walking the rest. It is a consistent level of competition which will see the teams progress.

Field wise, I think sup air is a must nowadays but field design should be challenging aka the millenium fields, it is important to make teams think more and more in domestic tournies so they are prepped for milleniums.

Marshalling, running a series it is wise to have teams wanting to play it all marshal one. Make it mandatory for the decent/ long standing teams to marshal. Having said this I would recommend getting three field ultimates and keeping these guys constant at every leg, that way you get 7 marshals plus an ultimate at every leg.

Events wise I would say something between 4 and 6 in order to make the series do-able for most teams.

Hope this helps.
Hang on i forgot something.

That work dude, agree with all.