Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maintanence (SP???)

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
What do you have to do to keep your own marker in good condition and prevent it becoming crappier than a 220fps rental gun?

1. What do you have to clean, & with what?
2. How often?
3. Do you have to strip the entire gun to do this?
4. What tools do you need?
5. Are Electro markers much higher maintainance than normal semis?

Lot of questions I know but I am a noob!!

FUBAR

Kattman

Jul 16, 2002
Denver Colorado
Visit site
Each gun is different. I have a Piranha STS G3. It's easy to maintain.

1 & 2. I clean my gun after each days usage (unless
needed in the field). Sometimes before a big event.
3. I strip my Piranha, but it's easy. Each gun is different.
4. The Piranha needs no tools to strip, just a sqweegie
to clean it & oil to keep it lubed.
5. I'm not sure, I don't have electric's but it should not be
that much harder.

:)

shark

Aug 6, 2002
New Mexico
Visit site
do you have to oil?

I have used my gun three different times now and I have not oiled it. Do you really have to oil your gun? I clean it after every use but I dont oil anything on it? should I? Thanks

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Fubar,

How you clean your marker depends on the type you use.
In general it's safe to say that after every day's worth of playing, it's wise to remove the bolt and give it a good cleaning. Also, clean out your barrel(s), even if no balls went kaputt in it.
If you have one of them easy field-strip blowbacks, it can't hurt to take them apart, so that you can clean all the moving parts, like the hammer. Most of these markers have openings in the side for the cocking pin, so dirt can get in. If it's one of those rearcocking affairs, you don't have to do it as often. Make sure you oil every moving part well when putting it back again, particularly the parts with o-rings.
Electros are pretty much the same. Most of the time you don't have to clean more than the bolt, because they are not as 'open' as some blowbacks, so little dirt gets on the inside.

PS Do they still have those concrete cows in Milton Keynes?

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
do you have to oil?

Originally posted by shark
I have used my gun three different times now and I have not oiled it. Do you really have to oil your gun? I clean it after every use but I dont oil anything on it? should I? Thanks
WHOA!!! You clean it after every use? As in strip it and clean it? Cos if ur not oiling it ur gonna grind ur bolt to sh*t! As Buddha said oil all moving parts but not over amounts... i.e. dont have it dripping in oil as this can be just as detramental to ur marker as not enough oil!

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
Cheers for the info guys, im sure i'll pick it up when I can get myself a marker.

As for the cows, yes they are still there. They have been vandalised a few times and one time someone kidnapped one of them and even sent a ransom note to our local paper!! that was mildly amusing :)

I remember sitting on those things when I was about 3 :)

FUBAR

Milton Keynes: Concrete Cows, Roundabouts and about 15 million trees. (oh yeah, and some people live here too :)

Bone

Emulsified!
...just a note about oiling..

The most important part of the gun to oil are the O-rings, i can't say exactly where you will find yours, but on most rear-cocking blowbacks you have 2 on the bolt, 1 on the striker (usually a different colour), 2 on the low pressure chamber, one on the velocity adjuster, one on the barrel, and one on the gas bottle......that's based on a spyder, but most guns in this range are similair.

Also when i strip my gun i like to put a drop of oil on all threads to prevent them from getting stripped easily.

oh yeah, once you've oiled everything, its a good idea to gas the gun up without the barrel or loader attached and fire a dozen shots or so, just to get rid of excess oil and not end up with a film of oil on the inside of yer barrel.

Hope this is of some use.........to someone.:)