Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker effectivness

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Yeah am with Half pint on this one!

I always find that if I pull the trigger on tha gun it sends out a ball of paint, now I figured out that if you can get dat ball of paint to hit your opponent then this guy in a funny top comes over to him and takes him away............................weird really :rolleyes: ;) :D

Mak D :cool:

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
forgive joe bob, he has posted almost sensibly recently, so we really should have expected a foolish, ill thought comment.

oh, god hes gonna kill me isnt he!!

Hp

Jay - Team Blitz

cornish!!! enough said
Sep 20, 2002
plymouth
Originally posted by Mak_Daddy_*69
Yeah am with Half pint on this one!

I always find that if I pull the trigger on tha gun it sends out a ball of paint

Mak D :cool:
this of course only happens if you've
A: turned the marker on
B: gassed it up
C: have paint in the hopper

anyone out there missed any of these steps:D

Anyone going to give some real advice...?

Joe-
Right then. I'd say that, with your current set-up, all you can really do is play front. As it is, you don't have the rate of fire or distance to play back, and even mid may not be so great. If you play front, then you'll be shooting maybe half the distance of the field, maximum, and only 1-10 shot bursts. If you upgraded to an electronic trigger and made your gun low pressure with a nice barrel, then maybe you could play another position. But if you want a better rate of fire and range, you may as well just get a new gun. You don't see many spyders on the tourney circuit because, well, they're just not tourney guns. They're good and all, but you can only do so much with them.
Hope this helps you out.
-Mike

P.S. If you do play front, practise snap-shooting (leaning out of cover, shooting 1-5 shots, then coming back in, all in less than a second). If you don't, you'll probably spend a fair amout of time in the dead box...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site

Originally posted by Bloody American
Joe-
Right then. I'd say that, with your current set-up, all you can really do is play front. As it is, you don't have the rate of fire or distance to play back, and even mid may not be so great. If you play front, then you'll be shooting maybe half the distance of the field, maximum, and only 1-10 shot bursts. If you upgraded to an electronic trigger and made your gun low pressure with a nice barrel, then maybe you could play another position. But if you want a better rate of fire and range, you may as well just get a new gun. You don't see many spyders on the tourney circuit because, well, they're just not tourney guns. They're good and all, but you can only do so much with them.
Hope this helps you out.
-Mike

P.S. If you do play front, practise snap-shooting (leaning out of cover, shooting 1-5 shots, then coming back in, all in less than a second). If you don't, you'll probably spend a fair amout of time in the dead box...
Higher rate of fire agreed, more range though??? wtf?? :confused:

Do bad company not have back players??

Paul.
:)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161

Originally posted by Bloody American
Joe-
Hope this helps you out.
-Mike

here we go again

ok put simple a paintball doing 300fps will travel the same distance no matter what marker shot it.....end of story

want a faster rate of fire.....move your finger faster.

oh and ive seen back players using spiders and jts so thats pap too!

my 2p *clink*

pgaglio

Used Car Salesman
May 2, 2003
Detroit/Motown, USA
Visit site
Re: Anyone going to give some real advice...?

Originally posted by jahlad
ok put simple a paintball doing 300fps will travel the same distance no matter what marker shot it.....end of story
Oh c'mon now, I thought Angels, Timmies, Cockers and Shockers and Excals and etc..... all had little gnomes inside of them that sprinkle fairy dust upon their paintballs. When they leave the barrel at 300 fps, the fairy dust gives them greater range than the same ball leaving the barrel of a lowly Spyder.:confused:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Re: Re: Anyone going to give some real advice...?

Originally posted by pgaglio
Oh c'mon now, I thought Angels, Timmies, Cockers and Shockers and Excals and etc..... all had little gnomes inside of them that sprinkle fairy dust upon their paintballs. When they leave the barrel at 300 fps, the fairy dust gives them greater range than the same ball leaving the barrel of a lowly Spyder.:confused:
nope, assuming all the markers were using the same paint/barrel the ball would go the same distance...its physics