Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling Academy

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
We at the Midlands Masters are currently training our first batch of marshals ready for their assessment.
So what!
None of them actually play, thay are University Students who want are studying sporting science degrees.
So what!
Well how about if we compile and assess and certificate a whole bunch of marshals.
Then agree a minimum wage for marshaling, depending on what level of acreditation you have achieved, and how many games you are judging.
On top of that how about a reward/incentive for a job well done, or a penalty for a bad one.
This is just a taste of what we are planning.
If you are interested in signing up for the Academy, please reply.

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
about time someone did somthing about it.

this sounds an exelent idea and one that people have been talking about for years.
glad somone who has the clout has taken the time out to put the wheels in motion.
why not talk with other larger teams / sites and organisations to see if this thing could be run on a more national scale.

well done team sad

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
It sounds a great idea at first but let us look at the bigger picture and ask a few questions.

1, Who will be doing the training

2 What experience do they have themselve's

3 How will the course be run

Now let me make it very clear I am not being a damp squib about all this but I have seen and heard it all before and with the exception of the course run by the EPSF a long time ago they were all pissing in the wind.

But if blakey and the lads want to try and get it off the ground I wish them all the best and will even do the course myself because one thing is without question, The game needs trained marshals.

You all as players want when your playing to have refs on the field who at least seem's to be trying and have a understanding of the rules and the bottle to make a tough call.

So do you and everyone else a favour and consider doing the above.

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Very interested in whats on offer....

will attend myself if you'll take me,and I've spoken to a few of our lads and we'll happily attend.

It will give us a greater understanding of the game and an idea as to why we have seen paddies at tourneys...

am being honest here... weve only played two so far but we did our research before taking the plunge.....we went and watched first....

Some of the decisions were baffling .....and ppl lost their temper..

An insight into being a marshall would be welcomed..

Mador

(Trigger Happy)

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
Marshaling Academy

This is precisely the response we at Midlands Masters were hoping for, in answer to some of the questions:
There will be four grades of accreditation.
Bronze,Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
The pay scales will be a direct reflection of this.
Bronze marshals would be suitable to supplement existing site staff, or tourny staff. Would have a basic understanding of the rules, and a comprehensive understanding of the safety aspect of the game.
Silver marshals would need at least 100+ games marshalling at bronze level before assessment, and would be expected to have a thorough understanding of the rules, and an understanding of the technical side of the game, ie cronographing, designer cheats etc.
Gold marshals would be expected to have at least 500+ games experience, and a comprehensive understanding of the rules and dynamics of paintball, technically aware and a qualified first aider.
Platinum standard could organise and run a tournament independently, for a third party.
Our plan is to recruit some of the most experienced marshals to help us set the standards for the assessments, any volunteers?
We are also looking for sponsorship of the programme as we would like it to be self financing and non-profit making.
We are planning our first assessment in October, interested then reply with full contact details, and experience to:
jinxy@sadworld.co.uk